Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than the Graco Silhouette Line!, January 2, 2011
This review is from: Fisher-Price Cradle 'N Swing, My Little Snugabunny (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Baby Product)
I don't write many reviews on Amazon, but my wife and I felt that this one really needed one, especially since there are no reviews yet. We originally purchased a Graco Silhouette based on the Baby 411 book. After the first use, we were skeptical - it didn't soothe at all, actually it made him more upset. We tried multiple times again, even when he was quiet, but to no avail. Every time we put him in, it was the same result - he cried. We ended up returning the swing and assumed that our baby didn't like swings. Fast forward a month and we thought we'd give it another shot, so we purchased the Snuggabunny. We're so glad we tried again, because he loves the Snuggabunny! He can literally go from crying to sleeping within a couple of minutes. It could be that he is now a month older and that he likes swings more, or but what I'd like to believe is that this swing is much better than the Graco Silhouette line!

Here are some of the objective things I've noticed that make this a better swing.
1. Easier to put together vs. the Graco Silhouette. It took about 30 mins to put this together, much better than the almost 1.5hrs with the Graco.
2. Plug in option. All parents go through batteries with kids toys, but if you don't have to, why bother? This one plugs right into a regular wall outlet.
3. Much better mobile. This mobile is much more visually stimulating, especially with the mirror.
4. Material. This plush fabric is much more comfortable than the plastic-like material of some of the other swings.
5. Multiple swinging options. The Graco Silhouette model only goes back and forth, whereas this one can go side to side as well as back and forth. It's always good to have multiple options.

As for the negatives, I cannot really think of any. The only downfall I see to this swing when compared to Graco's line is the weight limit. This only can hold 25 lbs when the Graco can handle 30 lbs. Not sure what we're going to do when he hits that 26th lb!

So there you have it, not all swings are created equally! I'd highly recommend this to any new parent or those looking to upgrade swings. We're actually contemplating purchasing another one to have upstairs when he has difficulty sleeping!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 7 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 26 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 12, 2011 11:30:16 AM PST
Natalie Marx says:
I cannot tell from the description, nor did I see in your excellent review; does this swing have a removable tray for play/snacks?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 12, 2011 5:50:18 PM PST
Hi Natalie,

Unfortunately, this swing does not have a removable tray - I forgot to include that in my review, sorry. Otherwise, I think this swing is excellent. The build is a bit better than the older Fisher Price swings, and the plush fabric is very soft compared to the plastic type materials of some swings. I guess this could be a down fall because it might be harder to clean, but none the less, our little one loves it.

Good luck hunting!

Posted on Jan 31, 2011 2:18:15 PM PST
Bianca says:
Hi! I noticed on the Fisher-Price website that it says that the Sungabunny requires 4 D batteries, but also (as you mentioned) that it plugs in. Are the batteries necessary for operation even if you have the swing plugged in, or is it just an additional feature that it can be run on batteries in lieu of an outlet? Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 31, 2011 4:41:31 PM PST
Hi E. Beadling,

Good question - the batteries are only necessary if you do not have the swing plugged in. If it's plugged in, no need for batteries. I'm trying to think of a time I'd actually use the batteries instead of an outlet - I guess if you're outdoors w/ no outlet.

Hope that helps!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 31, 2011 5:50:15 PM PST
Bianca says:
Thank you! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 1, 2011 9:43:13 PM PST
Natalie Marx says:
Thank you for taking the time to respond. I appreciate it!

Posted on Feb 4, 2011 8:41:19 AM PST
You shouldn't have to worry too much about the weight limit...by the time they weigh 25lbs, usually around a year (my 20 month old still doesn't weigh 25lbs, but he's small for his age), they are usually too long and rascally to sit in the swing anymore anyway. My son napped in a Fisher Price cradle swing peacefully everyday until he was about one, then we switched to napping in the crib because he could no longer sit comfortably in it anymore because he was too tall and would also try and climb out when he woke up!

Posted on Feb 13, 2011 7:28:42 PM PST
DandH says:
Thank you for the great review! I had a couple more questions I couldn't find in the description....I'm assuming (based on what people have said about using it all night) there isn't an "automatic timer" of any kind, correct? Also--how "compactly" does it actually fold up to store? We're living in a TINY rental at the moment and I absolutely cannot justify the space for a large swing unless it will actually fold up and lean against a wall, etc. pretty well.... any thoughts on that? Thanks so much in advance!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 14, 2011 5:42:29 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 14, 2011 5:43:11 PM PST
Hi DandH,

Thanks - just thought I'd try to help out future swing-shoppers that are going through the same process as we did. As for your questions, you are correct in that this does not have an automatic timer for the swing. However, the mobile and music automatically shut off after 20 minutes. As for the 'compactness' of the swing, it does fold up a bit. If you look at the images on Amazon, you'll notice a horizontal bar about midway up connecting the two legs. That can be unlocked easily, allowing the unit to collapse. When it collapses, the two legs can then come together, leaving the widest portion to be the seat itself (the height does not shrink). Whether or not that is enough for you, I'm not sure. If I had to guesstimate, the width of the seat part looks about 2 feet or so. I hope that helps!

Posted on Mar 1, 2011 7:27:33 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 1, 2011 7:28:01 PM PST
Mrs. Whitt says:
Just want to say "thank you" for this excellent review. You highly influenced my purchase and I am very confident that it will be the perfect swing for our son when he arrives.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›