5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE this mount, February 14, 2011
This review is from: Mountek nGroove Universal CD Slot Mount for Cell Phones and GPS Devices (Electronics)
I haven't had this too long, but so far I LOVE it! Here's why:

1. I have an iPhone 4 in a nice thick protective case, and the arms on this mount are angled perfectly, and have a nice cushy foam on them, so they close gently but firmly on the sides. Holds the phone perfectly, which my last mount did not.

2. The mount also has a "foot" that my iPhone sits on, and one feature I didn't see mentioned before is that this foot has a wide hole in it, big enough for the charge cord to fit through! On one of my other mounts, I had to leave the phone pushed up high in the holder, and snake the cord up and around the foot. With this one, as long as I've put my phone in straight, I can just push the cord up through the hole and plug it in, without moving my phone at all.

3. I had a suction cup mount before, which seemed fine - when the weather was warm. I live in NY, and this winter has been cold enough that every time I tried to use the mount, as soon as I touched it, the suction cup fell of my windshield. I couldn't rely on it. It also left suction cup rings on my windshield. This mount is sturdy and firm - it's not going anywhere unless I take it off!

4. I love that it mounts to the radio the way it does. I don't need to play CDs since I have an iPhone, so I don't feel bad blocking the CD slot. The mount blocks the CD controls... but who cares? It is positioned perfectly (at least in my Chrysler Town & Country) right above the radio, where I can easily control my iPod functions, and also use my GPS functions. It turns sideways, tilts back and forth and up and down. Incredibly adaptable. My only concern is how long it will continue to stay tight if I turn it horizontally often (which I don't), so I will update this review if it ever gets loose. It doesn't feel like it will, though.

5. Great price! I've seen fancier, more "advanced" mounts for much more. Don't bother. This mount is perfect, and the price is more than reasonable.

I did lots of research, and almost bought several mounts - dashboard-mounted, cup holder-mounted... thank goodness I found this one before I spent any money. If you have a radio with a CD slot, and your other controls won't be blocked by putting this in, get it. You'll love it!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 32 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 20, 2011 8:36:18 AM PDT
Followup: I have been using this mount now for more than nine months, and it is STILL GREAT! Doesn't move, doesn't fall out, grips my iPhone as firmly as ever. On an iPhone when you use the "faux" GPS function (the Map) it is always oriented north, but with this holder, I can pivot my phone to face in the direction I am going - even due South (when the phone is completely upside-down) so I can follow the blue dot on my map in the right direction.

There is a reviewer that says their iPhone "bounces around a lot" and I don't understand that. If you tighten it correctly, it doesn't budge! Maybe it's the particular CD slot in the particular radio? Also, someone with particular size/style phones might want to check if it will fit properly... but the "foot" comes off and the arms hold my iPhone tight enough anyway, so if it blocks some port on the bottom, you can use it without, unless your phone is SUPER heavy.

I'll say it again - BUY THIS MOUNT!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2012 10:59:17 AM PDT
Jordan S says:
You know that if you're using maps and you tap the location button a second time, it will orient you in direction you're going.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2013 3:37:12 AM PST
Mills Hart says:
greetins.. will this mount work with garmins 3590lmt 5inch gps.Also in virginia gps cannot be mount on dash and windshield. driving 2000 madza millienia. Thanks for your advice and answer

Posted on Mar 10, 2013 1:45:53 PM PDT
Will it use the stereo in the car to play the music on the phone?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2013 5:32:35 AM PDT
This is only a MOUNT. It holds the phone, it doesn't connect it to your radio. You still need a cord to plug into your auxiliary jack or some other connection to make it actually play.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2013 5:35:01 AM PDT
I don't know if this will hold that garmin. I think it will because the jaws open pretty wide on it, but I don't want to steer you wrong. Better to contact Mountek and ask them directly. You can google them and find them.

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 5:45:29 AM PDT
OK folks, I have now passed the two year mark, and this mount is STILL going strong! It may seem extreme to say it, but it has become a part of my driving experience! Get in the car, buckle my seatbelt, pop my iphone 4s into the Mountek, plug in the power cord and aux cord, and GO! I swear, they did not pay me to say this!! I always read reviews before I buy anything, so to me an honest review - good or bad - is very important. That's why I gladly share my opinion: BUY THIS MOUNT, you will be glad you did.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2013 9:55:59 AM PDT
SK says:
I am interested in purchasing this product but could you please tell me if the mount ever comes out of the CD-player?
Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2013 10:01:58 AM PDT
You can TAKE the mount out of the CD player, but in all the time I've had it, it has never FALLEN out. Over time, I have tightened it a bit - just turn the knob a little and it snugs up fast. Hope that helps!

Posted on Jul 2, 2013 10:10:13 AM PDT
Two and a half years, and I now have this mount in my two cars, and have bought them for friends. Some things to note:

1. The foam on the arms is still in PERFECT condition
2. The grip is still as strong as the day I bought it
3. I expected, because it has a ratchet-and-release system, that eventually it would start giving way - it hasn't, the arms click firmly, and release quickly and easily with the push of a button
4. I thought that the orientation would start to slip because of the ball-and-socket design - it hasn't! It still stays in any orientation I put it
5. My iPhone has a different case now, and the wire was a little hard to snake up through the foot to plug in. No worries, the foot just pops right off - temporarily, so I can put it back on if I want to.

I hope that if I ever need another mount, this one is still available. But it is beginning to look like I may never need to replace it! You are looking at one happy customer!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›