5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning Pictures, April 27, 2012
This review is from: Canon PowerShot ELPH 110 HS 16.1 MP CMOS Digital Camera with 5x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom 24mm Wide-Angle Lens and 1080p Full HD Video Recording (Black) (Electronics)
In preparing for a trip to a remote area of East Africa, I needed a camera that would fit in my pocket. I have a nice Canon Rebel with all the lenses, but the fear was that if I packed that in my luggage it would be stolen, and it is too bulky to fit in my very limited carry on bag. I purchased the Canon Powershot in the hopes that it would take reasonable pictures. My expectations were that it would not do as well as what I had come to expect with my full size Canon.

The bottom line was that I was blown away with the picture quality and functionality of the camera. I was shocked at the brilliance, contrast and sharpness of the images. I took several thousand pictures on the trip and did not get one bad shot.

Also due to limited space in my carry on bag, I was not able to take a separate video camcorder. I was pleasantly surprised with the video and sound quality from this small unit.

Very rarely have I been as pleased with a product as I am with this one. It gets my enthusiastic recommendation!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 30, 2012 1:49:33 AM PDT
Sounds great! I'm in the same situation you were in and I need a smaller pocket camera for when I go to Colombia in a few months. Please post some pictures!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 30, 2012 3:39:51 AM PDT
P. McWhorter says:
Milford. I don't think there is a way to post pictures on this forum, but wish I could. Yes, the situation you describe would be perfect for this camera. It fits so nicely in a shirt pocket that you can always have it with you, and when that unexpected moment happens, you always have the camera with you. Best of luck on your trip.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2012 10:49:30 AM PDT
So the fact that zooming while recording a movie results in you hearing the sound of the lens zooming didn't ever bother you? I found that sound very annoying and disappointing because other cheaper cameras don't have that zooming sound at all. Ruins all of my videos.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 2:36:27 PM PST
Look for the link that says "Share your own customer images" near the top left of the product page.

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 2:40:04 PM PST
Several thousand shots and not one bad. Makes Ansel Adams seems clumsy.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 9:56:58 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 9, 2013 9:57:45 AM PST
Mark Axen says:
Ansel couldn't scroll down his menu, hit 'delete, and can that crapshot of El Kapitan!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›