Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

2.0 out of 5 stars EA leaves us with another disappointment!, March 13, 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: The Sims 3: Showtime - PC/Mac (Video Game)
Let me just start by saying it's ridiculous how expensive these expansion packs are, and the lack of content you are getting with them. I've been playing The Sims since the very original. The Sims 1 was so much fun, The Sims 2 was great, and now here we have the Sims 3. They are honestly going downhill with each expansion pack. We expect NEW CONTENT with expansion packs, not useless social features. Everyone is wondering "Hmm, why wasn't this stuff included with "Late Night?" Well, allow me to enlighten you. MONEY! Money, money, money. EA is so money hungry that they have to cheap out on these expansion packs, cut content, and then try to sell it back to us. Honestly, it makes me sad. I used to LOVE The Sims, and now I can barely play for more than a half hour without getting bored. These new expansion packs just don't have the same feel as they did with TS2 or even TS1.

To wrap this up, this expansion pack was disappointing. There are tons of things I would love to sit here and complain about, but I won't. All you're really getting is 3 new careers, some unattractive hairs and clothes, and some objects. I really think EA needs to go back to their roots and make Sims expansions that are actually fun and worth the money. (Or better yet, bring Maxis back!) If not, they will be losing a lot of customers, including me!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 15, 2012 11:33:10 PM PDT
I totally agree. I think people are forgetting the fact that the first two sims games were still being developed by Maxis. Once they bowed out it became what it is now. Even Will Wright became disenchanted with the franchise he created. His vision is not there and it shows. I had every expansion from the previous games. Sims 3 I only have The base game and latenight. I also have a mac and non of the expansions seem to work properly on them.

Posted on Mar 23, 2012 6:14:49 PM PDT
Thank you fellow Simmer for giving me insight as what to expect from this EP. I too have been playing The Sims from the begining and is now becoming increasingly disappointed. I hope that they listen to our concerns before they lose faithful customers.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 30, 2012 3:51:05 PM PDT
Alex says:
This is EA we're talking about. Go and look at pretty much every game they make now. They include crappy, useless extras that you have to pay extra for and skimp on the main games to make you want to buy something extra, that will end up not being worth the purchase in the slightest. I bought my first Sims expansions a few months ago, Late Night and Generations, and holy crap, I paid more for those 2 expansions than I did on the base game, and they don't even have 10% of the amount of content the base game has combined. I can honestly say The Sims 3 is the last Sims game I play. Now, I can't wait for Maxis to get the new SimCity done! Then I won't have to even think about The Sims.

Posted on May 6, 2012 3:19:38 PM PDT
Vlas says:
I agree! I have the Sims 3 and a couple expansions for it, but I actually prefer to play the Sims 2 or the Sims Medieval. I used to be able to play the Sims for hours, but it's hard to muster enthusiasm for the Sims 3. I actually wish they'd stuck with the Sims 2 and just continued making expansions for it, but obviously that wouldn't have brought in the $$$ they hoped to gain by producing Sims 3 and it's lackluster expansions every few months.

Posted on May 13, 2012 4:51:33 AM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 8:54:44 AM PDT
Kayla says:
Actually this is the perfect place to complain about EA. People should be aware of their cheap money making schemes. It's a worthless expansion, and that's all someone needs to know about it.

Posted on May 13, 2012 10:02:38 AM PDT
Person says:
But you should post more about gameplay than you do about EA problems, this is a review section about the GAME, not the COMPANY!

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 12:50:56 PM PDT
Kayla says:
Game play? The 'game play' is the same as it always is. It's a Sims 3 expansion, there is nothing to say about the 'game play.' They are called EXPANSION PACKS to EXPAND onto the base game. New content, new careers, etc. This expansion added little content to the game, which makes it not worth the money. Simple as that. It seems as though 'new' fans like you that have only played TS3 just don't get it. Long term fans have seen this franchise go down hill and it's frustrating. Expansion packs used to never be so lacking in content like they are now. Mentioning the game producer is perfectly viable in a game review, and it happens all the time. Ever read GameInformer? Probably not or else you wouldn't have such a problem with myself mentioning EA. It's not a hard concept. Game producers that take time into the games they make and really take the fans into consideration deserve to be praised. Game producers like EA that only spit out games and expansions for money deserve to be criticized. That's what happens in game reviews.

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2012 5:49:57 PM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2012 7:31:55 PM PDT
Kayla says:
1. You are a new Sims fan, you have no idea how the games USED to be and how they are now so stop trying to talk about something you don't know. Chances are, you are not a 'gamer' at all. You are spouting out crap that you have no actual idea about. You don't understand that The Sims isn't the first franchise EA has turned into a complete money making scheme. Let me name a few: Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Dead Space. Have you ever played any of those? NO. BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT A GAMER. Stop trying to pretend to be one.

2. Did you seriously just take the time to find reviews from editors that were most likely paid to give the game good reviews. I honestly don't care what a random editor from "Gamerzone" or "Nowgamer" thinks of the game. Low end 'review' places like that get paid out to give certain games 'good' reviews. EA is known and was proven to be doing this. Casual gamers like you don't know this or where to look for legit reviews.

I play MANY games on multiple platforms and have been for years. Don't sit here and try to argue with me when you know NOTHING about gaming producers or what a good game should consist of. You are a typical casual, eating up any crap EA decides to put out there. Enjoy spending your money on expansion packs to come that will lack in content, and be sold back to you afterwards. I really don't care if you like this expansion or not, if you do then good for you. I seriously don't care, but don't sit here and try to defend EA when you don't even have any knowledge in the gaming industry.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›