Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lori Mckenna Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice Set, March 25, 2012
This review is from: LG Cinema Screen 55LM7600 55-Inch Cinema 3D 1080p 240Hz LED-LCD HDTV with Smart TV and Six Pairs of 3D Glasses (2012 Model) (Electronics)
I picked up this little beauty on Friday night and I have now had about 10 hours with it. I will say the picture out of the box was not hat great, but after tweaking it for a while and using the Picture Wizard I am very happy with what I have now.

For those that do not have a TruMotion option you will need to contact LG or whomever you purchased the set from and get a new one, as this option is available on my TV. Someone had mentioned that they already contacted LG support; I just wanted to confirm that the option is available on my 55LM7600.

I am coming from a 1080i TV, so the picture on this TV with my PS3 and the Blu-Ray disk of Casino Royale was more than I could ask for. The beginning of the movie has a ton of motion with swirling colors and a killer chase scene at a construction site. I saw no blur at all. It was smooth and flawless. I have watched this Blu-Ray many times on my other TV and all I can say is Wow. This was during the day and even with open window shades the reflection was minimal, from where I was sitting.

I was able to hook up to my network and view the content of all my devices. This includes a Windows Vista and Windows 7 PC and my EVO phone.

The online selection is vast and I was able to play with a few things. Google Earth looks awesome on this TV. I did not have the problems with Netflix that others are having but I am using a wired connection since I already had cable run for my PS3.

Someone mentioned that they saw flash lighting on the screen when they accessed the different apps, or changed the input source. I have that also but they go away right before the app or program starts, so it's not hurting my picture at all. I'm not sure why it does it but it does. During the blackest scenes I see no flash lighting at all.

The magic remote is what it is. I don't really have a problem with it except the arrow goes off the screen to fast for my liking and I am still looking for a setting to change that. So if you are reading something on the screen or trying to figure out which app to select if you don't move the remote for 5(?) seconds it goes off and you have to shake it again to get it back on. Other than that, I like it. Way easier to navigate around the menus than up up up, left left left left. Plus the scrolling wheel makes the navigation a breeze, especially when you are going through 1000's of pictures or music from your PC or phone.

The sound from the TV is fine for 10 watt tiny speakers. The sound bar helps a ton. I don't have a receiver that can handle the TV yet, so I was unable to try out surround and all that good stuff.

I was able to try out the 3D and it looks great. I really haven't tweaked the settings or played around with it much, but out of the box it looks good. And with the passive system you can actually lie down and watch it, try that all you active 3D people. Of course the glasses are light weight like the theater glasses and I didn't have any problems in the hour I was watching it. The 2D to 3D conversion seems to work well. I didn't see any ghosting or other anomalies while watching.

I was able to find the correct codes for my Xfinity (Comcast) remote control, so I can change the input source and move through all the TV settings without having to use the magic remote. Of course it is easier to navigate with the Magic Remote.

The sound bar does turn on and off with the TV, which is nice, but you can only control the volume with the remote that came with the bar. I have not tried to input the codes into my Comcast remote yet. On a side note the sound bar is blue tooth so I can stream music from my phone over it. Kinda cool.

I watched Hanna from the HD Cable source in the dark and I still couldn't see any flash lighting or problems with the set.

For me this was a great purchase and I'm very happy with the set overall.

Post any questions and I will see if I can give you an answer.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 25, 2012 12:58:40 PM PDT
JonBre03 says:
would you mind posting the picture setting you have on it for me since i may plan on buy this model in 47 at best buy soon. thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2012 1:27:15 PM PDT
TheGraz says:
I just used the setting from this thread.

I still seem to tweak it depending on the different input sources.

I am gong to try some gamming tonight and see how that goes.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2012 6:09:01 PM PDT
AC says:
Hey,

Thanks for the review. I am concerned about flash lighting. I have last years model and that was the only issue I had. Flash lighting in a dark setting. Did the Hanna movie you watched on Comcast have the black bars at the top and bottom of the screen? Watching a movie with those bars is the best way to test for flash lighting. Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 26, 2012 5:10:40 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 26, 2012 5:11:47 AM PDT
TheGraz says:
I have some pics posted on this thread.

The corners are black as can be on Hanna. This is with bars on the top and bottom and a completely dark room

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 7:56:36 AM PDT
I just hooked this TV up and I noticed on the top bar it says 1080i 60hz....how do I get 240hz?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 8:05:03 AM PDT
R. Williams says:
i too have just set up my tv and it also shows current setting at 1080i and 60hz. how do i get tv to maximize at 240hz and 1080p?

Posted on Jul 12, 2012 3:16:06 PM PDT
A. R. Battu says:

Can you please elaborate more on this? How you were able to get the codes for comcast remote?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2012 10:09:45 AM PDT
TheGraz says:
You should have received instructions with your Comcast remote. I just used the codes that they had listed for LG and it works like a champ.

Posted on Jan 29, 2015 10:38:16 PM PST
Chen Xulian says:
My boyfriend got the same samsung tv and went mad over it. He's a FIFA and COD addict and has three TVs setup along with full-rotating mounts from this brand called FlexiMounts. It's pretty cool the way he can move them around. And not too overpriced either, so a pretty decent buy.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›