5.0 out of 5 stars Easy as 1-2-3, May 26, 2011
This review is from: Sony Bloggie Duo Camera (White) (Electronics)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I REALLY like this camera. Its biggest selling point is its simplicity. If you want something fancy with long battery life, this is not the camera for you.

I did a little self-test: I tried using the Duo without referring to the manual. Although I am not a "techie" type person, I was actually able to figure out quite a bit without it. This is how a point and shoot video/photo camera should be.

The second thing I absolutely love is that the software is contained within the camera. In lieu of full disclosure, I did have trouble accessing the user's manual (contained in the camera software). My computer was unable to "read" it. With a quick Google search I was able to easily access the manual from the Sony site. It doesn't get any better than this.

The third feature that impressed me is the fact that I don't have to pull out a memory card to transfer videos and photos to the computer. I just plugged it in with the built-in USB arm. This is awesome. No extra equipment needed.

The video and photo quality is comparable to that of the previous point and shoot type cameras I've owned and passed along. I don't see a huge difference in the "HD" quality as of yet. Maybe with more outdoor use I will see it.

All in all, this is a practical and versatile little camera, even for those who don't use Twitter, YouTube, or social networking site. But for those who do, the Bloggie Duo is a perfect fit.

Note: The Bloggie Duo does not come with a case. I think it would have been nice if Sony had included a simple case. Fortunately, I had a little Case Logic "UP-2 Universal Pockets Medium" case on hand. It works perfectly with the Duo. I found the case on Amazon for five dollars.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]