1.0 out of 5 stars Call of duty in a suit, February 19, 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Crysis 3 - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I've played this game for a good hour and I'm just sick of it. The entire thing is nothing more than you following a guy named psycho from room to room, or small outside location, and killing a few bad guys before repeating. If you read my other reviews on the previous crysis series entries, you'll see that I love them(I have the top rated review for crysis 2 on amazon). THIS piece of crap is as linear as cod/moh clones come. I heard from some other friends that the campaign took them only 6 hours, but I honestly can't tolerate another 5 minutes of following a dumb NPC around in a game that is part of a franchise that is known for large, open maps. Good luck with your future endeavors and stupid free-to-play model crytek, I'm guessing I wont be playing anything else that you make.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 33 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 19, 2013 10:26:30 AM PST
MoultonHawk says:
Uh oh, that's not good. It's 82/100 on Metacritic.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 10:30:01 AM PST
Snake says:
The press is flat out lying. If you look at the user score on metacritic, it's currently a 66/100

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 10:34:38 AM PST
Joshua Pearl says:
This really sucks, I was looking forward to it. I loved Crysis 2. Maybe when it hits the bargain bin.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 11:28:37 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 28, 2013 8:48:13 AM PST
C. Paglia says:
So... you're ready to call the game "A Piece of crap" after "A Good hour"... that's good to know. I wonder how many games I would have never finished because I didn't like them after " A Good Hour" had passed. (Mass Effect Trilogy, Halo 4, Gears 2, Batman Arkham City, etc.)
And NOW you're swearing off Cryotek altogether because of 1 hour of gameplay!

Over-dramatic much?

Why don't you give the game "Another good hour or 2" and see if you come to the same conclusions.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 11:48:46 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 19, 2013 11:57:08 AM PST
Seth Buttons says:
As much as I'd like to listen to your review, I can't. You've played an hour...and rated the game a 1 star based solely on negative qualities. Is there seriously no good qualities found in the game? Is it REALLY worthy of a 1 star? It might be disappointing, but I'll take a bet it isn't the worst rating possible.

How was the voice acting? How do the weapons sound? How are the graphics? How is the story? How is the AI? How is the multiplayer? You make it hard to feel convinced to not get this game when you haven't even taken the time to review it properly. This is possibly THE WORST review I've seen for a game.

I am yet to play so by all means, I could be way off base with my comment. I just find it hard to believe the game is as bad as you are making it out to be. I'll have to let you know once I get my hands on it.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 11:55:40 AM PST
Snake says:
What company would be stupid enough to design a game with the entire first hour of it non-representative of everything to come? Sure, it may be possible that they decided to literally hide anything and everything even remotely close to what makes the series great until slogging through an hour of training wheels and hand holding, but I doubt they are that dense. I gave this game a long time to do anything even remotely good but it didn't. No story elements sucked me in, the gameplay was painfully linear, the mechanics weren't innovative, and it was all around bland. Something shouldn't require several hours before it starts to get entertaining, especially if it's only a 5-6 hour campaign.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 12:01:36 PM PST
Snake says:
You really care about the weapons sound? Ok. Voice acting was as overly dramatic as is common with pretty much all videogames, so I didn't mark it down for that. The writing and story is utterly laughable, which is also painfully common in games. The sound effects were fine. In this day and age, it's so easy to get proper guns sounds that it shouldn't even be in the discussion, they should just be good. The music was ok as well. Multiplayer is a cod clone with fairly standard level up/rpg elements but I'm sure you already knew that. The only innovative thing the game does is in this area with the use of the hunter gameplay mode but the mechanics are so unbalanced, the suit wearers can literally stay invisible the entire time while shooting the bow.

I'm telling you that you're going to waste $65 on this game if you buy it full price. It's worth much closer to 20.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 12:24:23 PM PST
Seth Buttons says:
Of course I care about weapon sounds. It's part of the game as a whole. I can list a million and one games that have poor sound effects. Sound design, to me, is the most important aspect of a game. It's why I really got into Battlefield from Bad Company and on.

Anywho, that's a much better analysis of the game. Sounds like a 2/5 when you put it the way you do. When I mention multiplayer, I'm asking if there's any network issues..How are the maps? I played the beta so I have a good feel of the gameplay involved. I pre-ordered Crysis 3 because I was heavily influenced by the experience I had with the beta. I can't much agree that it feels like a CoD clone.. Sure there's create a class (pretty standard in all games now) and killstreaks done in a much more unique way. Outside of that, I don't see it. I do agree however that the progression in multiplayer is greatly lacking (from beta experience).

We'll see just how disappointing the game is once I get my copy. I appreciate you taking more time to express your opinion on the game.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 1:22:51 PM PST
Dj Chiszle says:
The reviewer didn't play it long enough.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 1:38:37 PM PST
W. freeman says:
I disagree, how long do you have to chew a bite of food you take before realizing you don't like it.? You can play a game for 10 MINUTES and know you don't like it. Everyone has a preference. I just played Resistance 3 and it was God awful. After only 20 minutes. ;p)
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.1 out of 5 stars (228 customer reviews)

$19.99 $19.14