1.0 out of 5 stars Call of duty in a suit, February 19, 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Crysis 3 - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I've played this game for a good hour and I'm just sick of it. The entire thing is nothing more than you following a guy named psycho from room to room, or small outside location, and killing a few bad guys before repeating. If you read my other reviews on the previous crysis series entries, you'll see that I love them(I have the top rated review for crysis 2 on amazon). THIS piece of crap is as linear as cod/moh clones come. I heard from some other friends that the campaign took them only 6 hours, but I honestly can't tolerate another 5 minutes of following a dumb NPC around in a game that is part of a franchise that is known for large, open maps. Good luck with your future endeavors and stupid free-to-play model crytek, I'm guessing I wont be playing anything else that you make.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 11-20 of 33 posts in this discussion
Posted on Feb 19, 2013 2:27:49 PM PST
While I like your general style of review, I question your perspective for what constitutes a one start game. Especially as you gave all of your game reviews, three other games, (the new Aliens, and Dead Space 3) only one star.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 2:44:42 PM PST
the big 3 weigh in..EGM 9 out of 10, IGN 8.5 out of 10, Game Informer 8.5 out of 10..

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 3:00:25 PM PST
Carl Beckett says:
they said that they ''unreleased''crysis 3 origon said that

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 3:10:52 PM PST
I agree that it is possible to know if you like a game or not relatively quickly...I was that way with "Brink"...20 minutes into it and I was done...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 3:35:21 PM PST
Vynny says:
I came here to see if what I was seeing was true. It really feels like a linear COD so far. Silly over the top cockney accent NPC (and I'm from East London) and you merely run after the guy and wait for him to open doors for you. This isn't what Crysis 2 was like at all. I'm hoping the first mission is just a warm up and you will no longer have to follow that NPC who just barks profanity at you... but so far that's all it is.

Absolutely no freedom and terrible audio. The sound drops out about every two minutes as well.

I'm so ruddy disappointed at this juncture.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 5:23:28 PM PST
Snake says:
They aren't "the big three" by any measure. All of those companies have been accused of fluffing scores of games with bigger budgets deemed to big to fail.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 5:26:12 PM PST
Snake says:
Well I can tell you that I've reviewed far more than 3 if you look a little harder at my profile. If a game has many bugs, REALLY bad writing and/or voice acting, a weak story, zero innovation, and clearly feels like nothing more than a cash-in, I give it one star. You'll see that I give plenty of higher scores as well for games that really try to do something.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 11:15:10 AM PST
J. Oliver says:
I'm glad you were able to try all aspects of the game. I can tell you are terrible in multiplayer FPS games and decided to ignore it. Good choice. I'm glad you hated it. LOLOLOLOL you wasted your money. LOLOLOLOLOL.

Great game, bad troll Snake.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 11:16:24 AM PST
Show the proof.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 11:16:44 AM PST
J. Oliver says:
Oh, accusations. Nevermind, no credit to this.

Review Details

Item

4.2 out of 5 stars (242 customer reviews)

$19.99 $19.20