5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Camera, in and out of Water, May 13, 2012
This review is from: Panasonic Lumix TS20 16.1 MP TOUGH Waterproof Digital Camera with 4x Optical Zoom (Blue) (OLD MODEL) (Electronics)
I have had this camera for about five months and I absolutely love it. I wanted a waterproof camera so I wouldn't have to worry about ruining it in rain, snow, dirt, or anything else I throw at it.

Here are some my favorite things about this camera:
-It has a really fast shutter speed so it captures subjects in motion without blur.
-It has a burst function that takes lots of pictures in a row, and so far they have come out incredible. I recently went cliff jumping and got some really good progressive shots of people falling in the air.
-The camera has really good speakers when playing back video.
-Picture quality is fantastic for a point and shoot, both inside and out. Some pictures taken in darker rooms turn out grainy, but that has happened with all my other cameras in the past.
-The wrist strap is adjustable so it can be securely fit to your wrist while in the water.
-The interface is really quick and easy to use.
-The camera turns on incredibly fast so it's good for spur of the moment photo-ops.
-You don't have to change settings between photo and video, you just push a different button for video to start recording. This is really nice because on my previous camera I often forgot to switch it back to photo mode and would take videos instead of pictres.

All in all I love this camera. I don't have any complaints about it yet and I would definitely recommend it! I would also recommend buying a spare battery. The charge holds pretty well but if you are using it a lot in a day it's better to be safe and have a spare just in case. Wouldn't want to miss any great opportunities for a picture!

TO ADD ON:
I recently had my camera at the beach and someone dropped it in the sand. All the cracks had sand in them, so I was a little worried. I just filled my sink with water and sat the camera in in for about 10 minutes, and all the sand just fell off. It's like nothing even happened! I was so happy since my previous camera was ruined by sand.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 7 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 17, 2012 7:51:11 PM PDT
AK says:
Thank you so much for your in depth info of this camera! You have just helped me make my choice Rebecca! Thank you Thank you!!!

Posted on Aug 26, 2012 8:30:43 PM PDT
PinkBird says:
Whew! I bought mine here on Amazon late last night for $109.99, but as the day wore on I was beginning to ratchet up the ol' buyer's remorse! After reading your review I feel so much better--I cannot wait to get clicking! Thank you for taking the time to pull all the info together. You answered all my questions--now I can't wait for it to arrive! I found the perfect camera case [for travel] for it...I will post a link so others might enjoy it also!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 4, 2012 10:26:48 AM PDT
Are you guys equally happy with your purchase?? I'm stuck between this camera and the $150 Olympu stylus tough and I need to make a decision ASA bc I have a cruise right around the corner! Thanks for your help! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 12, 2012 11:43:09 AM PDT
QuintBy says:
I know I'm happy about my own purchase. I chose to purchase what was identified in the heading as a 'Refurbished' unit but which was in fact a brand new unit - at a $20 discount! Apparently, Panasonic does not permit Amazon sellers to sell Panasonic products as "New" which are not registered with Panasonic, either as recognized dealers. Look closely and you may find that a TS20 which appears under the headins as Used is actually brand new!

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 10:16:09 AM PDT
I'm sold off this description alone. Thanks but I do want to know about the battery, is it rechargeable?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2012 5:37:11 PM PDT
Rebecca says:
Yes, it comes with one Rechargeable Panasonic DMW-BCK7PP battery and a charger for it. The battery comes out of the camera to charge. It's held the charge really well so far. :)

Posted on Sep 17, 2012 1:05:07 AM PDT
Moe says:
Does the camera havea a screw mount for a tripod on the bottom, please?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2012 1:57:15 PM PDT
Rebecca says:
Yes it does! I have a tripod and use it often. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2012 3:30:52 PM PDT
Moe says:
Thank you for the information, Rebacca.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 6:57:45 PM PST
A. Keever says:
How long of a video can you shoot?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›