5.0 out of 5 stars Danny's Methods Gave Me Back My Running Life, May 7, 2004
This review is from: Chi Running: A Revolutionary Approach to Effortless, Injury-Free Running (Paperback)
[...] This book is a brilliant print presentation of Danny's methods which are revolutionary. He deserves the much wider following he will get with this (his CD is great too).
My story: I've been a runner for 45 years. I nearly gave up running at age 57. The pain in my knees and lower back made me seriously think of quitting. I literally saw an ad in the newspaper for Danny's class and took it as a last resort. He was at the time in his 50's and a nationally ranked ultramarathoner. I figured he ought to know something about efficient running.
I learned his initial techniques in two hours. It took about five or six runs to feel comfortable with the changes in my stride, but from the first day, there was no back pain and such minimal knee pain at the end that I couldn't believe it. I've taken his advanced techniques workshops too (all in the book). The "sidewise" stride up steep hills is another brilliant technique that literally makes running hills fun.
I went from struggling to run for 30 minutes at a time to 1.5 hour runs on steep hills without pain. I'm not a ranked runner. I run for fitness, for weight control, and for the sheer joy of it. I did finish third in my age group in a local race a year ago -- first medal I've ever won (I'm 62 now). But I got my running life back, and that's priceless. I plan to be running into my 80's now -- pain free!
And for what it's worth, I have a doctorate and I'm trained in physics. Danny's techniques are scientifically valid. There's a spiritual side to his methods too. If you don't think running has a spiritual side, I feel sorry for you, but don't ignore his methods just because of that.
Jerry L Fletcher

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 31, 2007 3:54:50 AM PST
dmarijohn says:
Dr. Fletcher's comments were very helpful. Thanks, Sir!

Posted on Apr 20, 2010 2:02:11 PM PDT
K. Tshinanga says:
thank you for your comment. I reviewed a youtube explanation of Chirunning by own of the certified trainers and the references to physics also made a lot of sense to me. I've been out from a shin splits injury for a year and a half now ..and I was scared I would never get back (even though i'm aware you can heal from shin splints...I entertained the thought that running is inherently "hard on the body"...which intuitively didn't make sense to me...but I hadn't decoded the mystery yet).

in any case i'm looking forward to the book. thank you for your comment.

happy running

Posted on May 15, 2010 8:58:22 PM PDT
An informative, helpful, and wonderful review indeed! Thanks for sharing your views.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 8:11:57 AM PST
J. Johnson says:
Thank you Dr. Fletcher for this insightful and helpful review. It is exactly your review that has enabled me to make the decision to buy this book.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.4 out of 5 stars (287 customer reviews)

Used & New from: $0.01