5.0 out of 5 stars It works!!!, October 27, 2008
This review is from: The 7 Habits of Happy Kids (Hardcover)

To my surprise, the stories themselves are actually decent. On their own, I'd give them 3 stars. To rate the potential this book has to teach, though, I'd give it 5 stars. Each habit has a story that illustrates ...more When I saw this book, I had to laugh.....another product trying to cash in on the success of the original (7 Habits of Highly Effective People). Except that I LOVE the original. So I bought it, expecting mediocre stories but an opportunity to discuss the 7 habits with my children.

To my surprise, the stories themselves are actually decent. On their own, I'd give them 3 stars. To rate the potential this book has to teach, though, I'd give it 5 stars. Each habit has a story that illustrates it, a little tidbit for parents to read, questions to discuss with your child, and several suggestions on how a CHILD can implement that habit. The suggestions are great; I wouldn't have thought of many of them on my own.

We've been focusing on a habit a week. We read the story Sunday, discuss it, talk about some of the suggestions my kids would like to try, and then work on it over the week. My husband and I try to make a big deal of it every time we see one of the kids coming through. I'm amazed! Already, my 8 and 5 year-olds are going out of their way to be proactive and plan things out and just plain take responsibility for themselves. Not only that, they liked the stories enough to sneak the book away and read all seven of them on the first day.

I think the original 7 Habits is right on the mark, so I'm thrilled to find an age appropriate way to share it with my children.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 13, 2013 10:54:34 AM PDT
GRG says:
Thanks for the feedback! I am going to buy an additional book for my church children's library as well. It is good to see some of the very values instilled in me in print. Again, thanks for the review (feedback).

Posted on Mar 24, 2014 7:56:42 PM PDT
Please edit this review. You seem to have made a cut and paste error (i.e. cut, paste, paste the same thing again) at the beginning. Otherwise, it's a great review. Thanks!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›