Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

5.0 out of 5 stars Chris Evans. Naked., May 20, 2012
This review is from: What's Your Number (DVD)
If you are wondering why you should see this movie, see the title. The movie played to its strengths and showed Chris Evans sans clothing numerous times, with very little shielding you from his more... important bits. Have you seen those abs? Combined with that face? HELLO.

I'm sorry, was I reviewing a movie? I got a little lost there.

A lot of the reviews I read were criticizing What's Your Number for being predictable, which confused me. It's a romantic comedy. Were you expecting Shakespeare? When I settle down for a rom com, I'm not looking to be shocked by the plot. I'm looking to laugh, root for the main characters, want the main characters to get together, drool over the male lead (and drool I definitely did, have you noticed?) as well as identify with the female one. I was able to do all of that, therefore I walked out of the movie theater content and pleased. I have recommended this movie to others and was very, very happy with it, going by that criteria. When I watch a rom com, I'm not looking to have my life changed, I just want to forget about everything for an hour and whatever minutes.

On that note, Chris Evans and Anna Faris were adorable together and did help me forget life for awhile. Faris was, for me, super relatable and flawless. The two had excellent chemistry and carried what could have been a better script. I have bought this movie and plan on squirreling it away for rainy days when I just want to curl up in bed and eat chocolate and appreciate the male form in all its wonder.

Have I mentioned I really like Chris Evans? And his body/face combo? I might be a little biased. I'll stop gushing and go now.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 31, 2013 12:57:35 AM PST

Posted on Sep 9, 2013 10:41:13 AM PDT
Lucky 13 says:
What she said. :) Very cute story (funny, well written script that moved right along), which I enjoyed despite not being a huge Anna Faris fan. However, I enjoyed her performance in this movie, which made it possible for me to watch this movie for the first time last week and for every day thereafter for 4 days straight. Yes, to the earlier commenter's point, Chris Evans is a talented actor and gives a solid performance in this movie, which of course, is important to its watchability. That being said, the only reason I found this movie to begin with (I somehow missed its theatrical release) is because on the last weekend of summer, I went looking for more Chris Evans movies, prioritized by 1) "lightness" and (yes, its superficial) body condition. This rose to the top. I do look forward to catching up on more of his body of work (no pun intended) so I can see more of his range, but I think I'll be buying this one based on its sense of fun and watchability. That being said, being a dancer myself, I'd love to see him dance in one, soon - let me know if I've missed one and I'll move it up on my list.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2013 6:06:14 PM PDT
David Seaman says:
The only dancing and singing I ever saw Chris Evans do is when I worked with him; a production of "West Side Story" in which he played Action, and then as a voice student where he did a great deal of Sondheim to focus his natural skill as a singer onto character and acting. I don't think he's done any film that shows this. Chris' first love is theatre and he is likely to end up on Broadway at some point. In the meantime, if you have NOT seen "The Loss Of A Tear Drop Diamond" then you must. Chris Evans aside, this is a lost and recently found screenplay by Tennessee Williams, brilliantly directed and beautifully executed in every department. We do see that this film puts Chris into a category where we see more of his range and he surpasses Redford, Newman and joins the ranks of Hoffman. So see that. It would be a severe violation of contractual law for me to release the video tape of that performance of "West Side Story" and would also be a bastardization of a very nice show for me. Regardless, Evans is a real person and a very kind one. He is on hiatus now; his sister just gave birth to her third child (talk about talent, you should see Carly on stage) and he is at home in Sudbury with the rest of his siblings and parents celebrating the arrival of Stella Marie, now two days old. Perhaps I am t5oo close to things to review films that employed friends of mine; I am in the odd position of having spent most of my life hating critics and having them direct the success of my career; now I am writing and directing the work of others.
I guess I am delighted that you like Chris Evans, for whatever reason, look at "Diamond" as it's brilliant and I will learn not to review things my friends have created.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2013 7:45:25 PM PST
dom says:
he was amazing in "London" end of story

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2013 10:45:40 PM PST
David Seaman says:
I have never known him to be anything but mazing- a real professional to work with and versatile. In the final dress for "West Side Story" which I directed and he played action, we got to the end, Tony's body on the stage and Maria doing her famous "How many bullets in the gun Chino?" speach. Well as she directed the gun at Chris- who played Action, she acidentally fired it and he immediate;ly dropped to the fllor, dead. Hysterical. Thank God it was a dress, but i bet had it been a performance he'd have clutched his shoulder or something so as to indicate the shot but not destroy the end of the4 show. Next, see "The Loss Of a Tear Drop Diakond" by Tennesee Williams.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2013 1:10:33 PM PST
Lucky 13 says:
FYI - finally got to rent "...Diamond" recently and enjoyed his performance in it (I can't say I'm a huge Williams fan, but appreciate TW's importance in the American canon of work). I was duly impressed not just by CE's ability to tackle tough a dramatic role (I've also since seen him in "London" and "Cellular" (though the latter was a very different type of drama)), but also to credibly carry a period piece - with an accent.

I just got "Puncture" in the mail and have "Push" and "Fierce People" on the DVR, and am looking forward to watching those as I'm off in the next week or so. I have to admit that the dramas are not as relaxing/fun to watch in my downtime as his action and comedic work; however, I can definitely see and appreciate how he's developed over time and hope he's given the opportunity to continue to stretch in various roles.

Can't wait to see more work from him. :) And if you do have his ear - definitely drop in a bug about working in a musical in when his schedule and quality material allow. :)

Posted on Jul 27, 2014 4:50:52 PM PDT
Marcel J says:
lol ya...Chris Evans is nice to look at ;) (near perfect abs/chest combo)...I was watching it for Oliver Jackson-Cohen personally, and I wished he was in it a bit more (plenty of scenes he could have been in). A bit of a predictable movie though, but still fun to watch (for Chris Evans obviously lol)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 28, 2014 10:15:01 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 28, 2014 10:20:21 AM PDT
David Seaman says:
I have a hard time with this because Chris was a student of mine; a scrawny tall charming and gifted teenager. In my business it often happens; many go on to become famous performers, but it is never easy to see a former student naked or jacked. Still, Chris is underappreciated and because of his jacked body and boyish good looks he has not been fully utilized as an actor. The guy is far better than Robert Redford or Brad Pitt- even Tom Cruise. To see his finest work on film is "London" and "The Loss of a Tear Drop Diamond." Evans is the real thing. (Jere Shea who created the role of Giorgio in "Passion" opened with full frontal nudity and I was in the 8th row- it's damned embarrassing.)

Posted on Jul 17, 2015 2:30:25 AM PDT
elmsyrup says:
I read an article which talks about the guy who played Chris Evans' body double in this film. Sorry to disappoint you but it wasn't really him! http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/sports_nut/2015/07/nba_body_doubles_bill_hader_s_trainwreck_double_talks_about_facing_lebron.html
‹ Previous 1 Next ›