5.0 out of 5 stars Tastefully presented, March 2, 2003
This review is from: Where Did I Come From? (Paperback)
My parents used this book to help answer my questions about how babies are made when I was around 5 years old. This book provided just enough information to introduce me to the concept of sex and making babies without embarassing me too terribly much.

I notice that some reviewers worry that the book provides children with too much information or is too graphic. I find that the book would be incomplete if some of the information or the pictures were omitted. If they weren't included, I know I would have had many questions unanswered as a child. The tasteful illustrations included in the book helped me understand the book's content, rather than forcing me to fill in the gaps with inaccurate and possibly scary images that could have led to unhealthy views of sex.

As a child, I found myself really studying the pictures, cartoon images that are presented very tastefully and are actually sort of cute. The pictures do show the male and female anatomy, which is important information if a child is to understand how babies are made. They show a man and woman who love each other and are happy, things that would allow a child to have a positive and healthy perspective about sex and making a baby.

As a person who has had personal experience with this book as a child, I highly recommend it. I plan to use it with my own son in a few years.

(One last note: I believe this book is best suited for younger children that are asking questions or could be introduced to the topic of sex or making babies. It might be a bit juvenile for pre-teen.)

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 2, 2011 10:56:07 PM PST
LCI says:
I agree. My mother read this to me when I was 10 and it helped me not be curious about sex like the rest of my friends who ended up with STD's and pregnant. None of their parents told them anything. Knowledge is power.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 28, 2014 11:51:09 AM PDT
L. Kent says:
I 100% agree with this!! We are VERY forthright with my sons (they are 7 now, but we bought this book for them when they were 4 and asking questions!). My parents never talked to me about anything and I was a. sexually abused as a child and didn't report it, b. sexually promiscuous WAY TOO YOUNG!, and c. always too embarrassed to talk to them about a., b., or anything else!! I want my kids to feel comfortable talking to me in order to protect them and help them make good, safe, healthy choices!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.9 out of 5 stars (241 customer reviews)

$9.95 $6.39