5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful and Attractive, October 21, 2013
This review is from: Etekcity 10 Port USB 2.0 Hub with Power Adapter, Smart Charging Port, Build in Surge Protector, ON/OFF Switch and LEDs Indicators (Electronics)
So far this is a great product for what I'm using it for (Mining Bitcoins). If you don't know anything about Bitcoin mining, it is very hardware intensive. Each USB miner will use about .5A of power. Few USB hubs can drive ASICMiners. I'll keep this review updated as I continue to load the USB hub with more ASICMiners.

Shipping: I ordered it late Thursday night and received it on Monday morning. It was nicely packaged in a white box labeled Orico P10-U2 Series, USB 2.0 Hub. It came with a power adapter, power cord, USB cable, and the 10-port hub.

Operation: I installed it on a Dell Studio XPS workstation with an i7 processor; Windows 7 x64 accepted it and didn't request any additional drivers. I installed the fan and three ASICMiners without any problems. There is a power switch and blue lights indicating operational USB ports. I switched it on an off and it unloaded and reloaded each time without any problems. When it is off, Windows will not recognize it. It must be turned on to operate. This is good, because the current draw from the ASICMiners without an external power supply could damage the miners or the computer.

Pictures: There are mixed pictures of different units in the description. I added a picture of what I received. The 3A power supply is more square with beveled edges and a dim green LED on it. It is branded Orico, not Etekcity, but there was a card inside and a sticker on the bottom that identified it as an Etekcity product.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 21, 2013 8:20:44 PM PDT
Can't wait to find out if this can support a full ten block miners... at this price! I have been burned by the cheap ones before (even with external power supplies) and now my pc basically looks like Pinhead from Hellraiser with all the block miners sticking out of it and the various hubs.

Posted on Jan 28, 2014 10:25:01 AM PST
Buddy H says:
Can you direct me to where I can get started with BitCoins and Miners? Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2014 11:29:24 AM PDT
Er says:
the internet

Posted on Oct 21, 2014 8:05:25 AM PDT
Don Harper says:
If you are using this hub for asic mining, note that this review is for Etekcity® High Speed 10 Port USB 2.0 Hub, NOT the 3.0 version. The page I ordered from had 5 options. 1 USB 3.0 option and 4 USB 2.0 options. I ordered the 3.0 version and it did not work with my Antminers or Bitfury miners. The 2.0 version works perfectly. No errors in over a month of continuous mining on 3 of these hubs (total of 15 antminers overclocked to 2.4 GHz/s). Excellent product. I would recommend this to anyone as long as the specs meet your needs. Note that this review is for the 12V/3AMP USB 2.0 option. I ordered the Etekcity® Premium High Speed Upgraded 10Port External USB 2.0 Hub LED Indicator 12V/4A Power Supply Adapter. Note the words Premium and Upgraded. I don't know if there is any quality difference but note that it can handle 4amps instead of 3amps for the version reviewed here. I have 5 Antminers on each hub. Since they are overclocked to 2.4GHz they may draw more than 0.5amp each so the 3amp version is probably not going to work. The 4amp version is amazing. I haven't tried the USB 3.0 version since I don't have any devices with USB 3.0 support yet but EtekCity is the first one I'll try.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2014 8:16:55 PM PDT
D35TR00 says:
Dan,

What problems you had w/ the 3.0 version? I ask because my 3.0 version is not working w/ my AntMiner. :-( Driviy me nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2014 8:36:09 PM PDT
Don Harper says:
I couldn't get my raspberry pi b+ to recognize any of the miners on the 3.0 version. 2.0 version works great.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2014 5:22:16 AM PDT
D35TR00 says:
Ugh! I really want to keep the 3.0 but based on your help and reply I think I will just return the 3.0 and get the 2.0. Thank you sir.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›