5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Laptop!!!, July 9, 2012
This review is from: Sony VAIO E Series SVE1511MFXS 15.5-Inch Laptop (Aluminum Silver) (Personal Computers)
I preordered it and came before the time expected, so that's great!

Well, the design is exactly as the picture, maybe better when you see it in front of you.
Love the keyboard, looks amazing and works perfect. I just had to customize the touchpad a little bit, but that's about how you feel with it. Well, this touchpad is great! love the way you slide your finger in it, very comfortable.
Update: Looks amazing, just add that the only metal parts are the cover of the display and where the keyboard is installed. All the rest is made in great quality plastic.

Now, concerning the laptop: it's pretty fast as you notice 8gb of RAM and 3rd gen processor i7, I feel a huge difference comparing it with my 2008 PC core 2 duo 3.5ghz and 3 gb ram. So as a college student, it cover all my needs and it will work perfect for my statistic, data base works and keep documentation etc.

Sometimes I like to play, so that's why a own a PS3. This is not a gaming laptop but I tried to see how it run some of my old PC games. So it runs GTA San Andreas perfectly and NFS Undercover in regular grafics. FIFA 09 works in regular graphics as well. Well I'm able to connect with my ps3 and use my keyboard laptop to write in it or to play remotely, you can even connect to your BRAVIA if you have one (I don't).
So all in all, the Intel HD 4000 graphic card works fantastic for an integrated card. Also concerning movies and programs, it generates 3D graphics, the only problem is that I don't have 3D Devices.

Now concerning the devices, all 3 USB ports worked well (did not tried the USB 3.0 as I don't have device for that port), SD cards too and it worked just as I expected with my HDTV by HDMI cable. the DVD/RW also worked fine. The design is just great, everything in the laptop seems to be in the right place for comfort.
Update: A con I noticed is the sound. I thought it will be a major improvement with X-loud. In fact I did not liked how it is. My brother has an HP laptop that sounds similar as this one; but it's like 1 & a half year older! After seen some new HP laptops and notice that the sound were very clear, I thought SONY to be a contender in this department, but not. So don't expect too much about the sound. (It deserve 4,5 stars because of that). [hope it concern's only mine]

in normal use, there's no noise at all! To hear something you need to run a game or a powerfull program or have lot's of programs running at the same time.
Update: add there's no overheat at all by the moment.

Now, concerning most of sony programs that comes with, all seems ok, but there is just a little complain. to install them, you will be noticed about t and c every time and I did not liked that, every time is asking for personal info etc... I understand SONY wants to protect copyright but it's kind of too much.

The camera works well, my computer show it's a 2.0 megapixels HD cam. For some programs like media gallery, you can change pictures by using your hand, the cam follow the movment of your hand and it works amazing. It's kind of funny as well. I hope there's a way to be able to do that in powerpoint or prezi. Will see.

The battery life is ok, it say 5,5 hours, it took me about 3,5 hours, but maybe it depends on how you use it. Since it were full, I did not turn it off at any moment. And running games and trying other things, I think it's ok. With normal use it will take those 5,5 hours it say.
Update: In regular use it took me about 4,5 hours.

I think it's a great pourchase for the prize, good quality laptop, all in all I'm very happy with my pourchase. I will update if there are issues, other good things to add or whatever.

Just in case sorry about my english.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]