9 of 13 people found the following review helpful
It is a great product at this price,
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: TENVIS IPROBOT3 H.264 720P HD P2P Pan & Tilt Wirelss IP/Network Camera with Two-Way Audio and Night Vision (Black) (Electronics)
I had an old version of this camera TENVIS JPT3815W Wireless IP Pan/Tilt/ Night Vision Internet Surveillance Camera Built-in Microphone With Phone remote monitoring support(Black) for a while and was pretty happy with it. I wanted to get one for my living room as well and purchased this one. The installation is very smooth, unpacking, connecting power adapter and network cable, downloading App from google play, scanning 2-D barcode and it connects right away.
1. Installation is very easy. I use Android phone. All you need is to download Tenvis P2P App. You can connect to camera without using PC. You only need a PC if you want to do more advanced settings.
2. Connection through intranet(wi-fi) and internet(4G) is automatic. Old version requries different web address for intranet and internet and you have to memorize it.
3. Sliding picture on phone screen moves camera. This is convenient. Old version needs to click on arrow.
4. microSD card is convenient but haven't tried yet. You can use motion detection to trigger video recording to microSD card which is good enough.
5. Picture and video quality are much better than old version. Video quality is 640*480 on cell phone and it is pretty decent. It can be set to 720P high definition on PC.
There are several minor issues but don't really affect camera use. I would be happy to see these issues can be fixed with a firmware update.
1. Motion detection works fine but events don't show in event log. I tried custom search option, text color is not set correctly and text is not clear.
2. Moving camera through cell phone triggers motion detection event. Motion detection probably shall be disabled if user is purposedly moving camera.
3. Camera time zone setting is set to China. It is better default to US.
Manual is clear but some terms in manual are not familiar to US customers, e.g. microSD card is referred as TF card. Also I try to reset the camera but manual doesn't have a detailed procedure. I figured out myself. The procedure is with power connected, use a pen to press and hold reset button for about 10 seconds. Reset button is at the bottom of the camera.
Overal this camera is much improved and has bundles of features. It is a great product at this price.
Tracked by 1 customer
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 23, 2014 11:50:58 AM PDT
T. Jackson says:
Hello just curious did you receive payment for your review, someone said there was a rebate available if you gave a favorable review. Thanks!!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›