5.0 out of 5 stars performs exactly as I expected, great for the pool!, May 31, 2011
This review is from: Kodak EasyShare Sport C123 12 MP Waterproof Digital Camera (Blue) (Camera)
Length:: 0:16 Mins

Have only had this a couple of weeks but this camera is turning out to be great for the pool.

A great price for a camera I can re-use and not have to worry about getting wet.
Takes great pics in/under the water and you can also record videos (no zoom when in video mode).
When turning on it is ready to take pictures very quickly.
So far it has not eaten batteries, which is good because it does not appear to turn off automatically.
Has other modes if you want to use the camera for more than taking pictures in the water but we have not really tried them out.

ETA:
Soon, I am going to attempt to upload a video taken in our pool. Also, wanted to add one great thing about this camera - we left it out side overnight and it rained. It was really a relief to know that my camera didnt get ruined simply because I forgot to bring it in after swimming!

Kids are having a great time using this camera, so much so I may have to go ahead and pick up a 2nd one! It is really holding up to being roughly handled.

added a very short clip of my dog. my son uses the camera 1st above the water then underneath and then above again. I have also noticed that when in video mode, the camera is picking up sound underwater! it's pretty cool, I wasn't expecting that.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 2, 2011 5:59:36 PM PDT
alisue says:
Would you buy this camera for a first camera for a 5 year old?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2011 10:07:36 PM PDT
Jynna says:
Well, I probably would if the child isn't going to throw the camera around. As an example, my son whom is now 15, was/is very good with a camera at a young age, 4/5 ish, I probably would have bought it for him but I do tend to spoil my kids a bit. I have let my friends child (almost 6 years old) try out the camera with no problems.

I would imagine it takes better pictures than the "kids" cameras for just a little bit more money. It is very easy to use for basic point and shoot and switching to underwater mode or video is also fairly simple. I sent my 11 year old daughter to the water park with her friends family and let her take the camera and didn't worry about it at all.

If I was buying this camera for a five year old I would probably go to walmart and pay a little extra for the product insurance if that can't be done on Amazon (I have no idea if you can get that through Amazon, I never thought of it before).

I actually am hoping to get a new video to post within the next few days. We have had such a problem this year with the pool being cloudy and tinged green that had finally resolved this past week, but then we had to add more water today because of evaporation and it is cloudy again. The pool people thinks it has something to do our town flushing the water system.

The camera itself has some scratches from the pool deck but is still performing great, no leaking or anything, and I do not believe I have changed the batteries yet and I have opened it a bunch of times to get the memory card out and download the photos.

I honestly have nothing to say but good things about this camera. IMO it does what it says it will and does a good job of doing it and it has really held up to some rough handling such as me throwing it to the kids in the pool and just being jostled around in general, and I did leave it out overnight on accident and it really stormed bad and no problems with the camera! It is simple to turn on and should be easy enough for a 5 yr old to use but still have enough features to learn as the child gets older. I would think the camera would last 2-3 years as long as it wasn't thrown hard against something or dropped from a great height to the floor and the child has a real interest in photography.

LOL, I hope I didn't write too much in response to your question! I was thinking it out as I was typing :)

Posted on Jul 27, 2011 9:53:53 AM PDT
Thanks so much for sharing the video clip! I'm going on a hiking trip and I will be near waterfalls that will spray the camera. Have you used the camera for landscape pictures at all? I'm curious as to whether it will take quality pictures of distant objects as well... Thanks!

Posted on Jul 27, 2011 9:57:09 AM PDT

Posted on Jul 27, 2011 9:57:17 AM PDT

Posted on Aug 10, 2011 11:11:21 AM PDT
I bought this camera, took it on a disney cruise, to film underwater stingray and dolphin interaction with my grandchildren. I was disappointed that I could not get photo play back with the memory card in, ony with it out. With it out, it only lets you replay a couple of photos because it says thes internal memory is full. What did I do wrong. Do you have to download some software before using, or is it set up wrong? Any help will be greatly appreciated. I took a lot of pictures, but don't know how to retrieve them. I tried connecting the camera to the computer, and also tried taking memory card out and inserting it in computer, but won' let me retrieve pics. Help Please.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 2, 2011 4:16:31 AM PDT
Cynicalbit says:
Lillie.. I have a similar Easy Share camera.. not this one.. and I initially had the same problem. There is a setting on the camera menu.. "settings" that you have to tell it to save to the memory card. Otherwise it will automatically save to the camera's very limited memory. Then when that is full, it won't save any other pictures.. So it wasn't a case of actually not letting it retrieve the pictures, but that it didn't "take" any.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 9, 2011 9:07:42 PM PDT
Danny Hoover says:
check the memory card itself the one you brought separtately for the camera . check on the side of it . it has a grey little button that might be locked put it in the oppoiste direction the whole way and then try agin . that might be the problem

Posted on Nov 4, 2011 5:17:16 AM PDT
Bosch232 says:
Egads, it's footage of a giant black hairy water-monster! Oh wait. It's just your dog..

Posted on Feb 25, 2012 11:20:56 AM PST
Thank you for adding this video....your video is part of the reason why I just ordered this camera. My family is going to an indoor waterpark this summer and I wanted to purchase a good waterproof camera that wasnt too expensive and this fits right into my budget and with seeing your video I'm extra excited.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.6 out of 5 stars (1,014 customer reviews)

Used & New from: $69.00