Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Purchase EVER!!!, September 6, 2011
This review is from: Wireless Stereo Headset - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
Amazing headset. Ive Owned a Turtle beach Px21 or whatever, and these Destroy it to a pulp. Ive also owned a Tritton Ax Pro Headset that i bought when they were new for $200 and i swear to the lord almighty these sound even better then them and they had like 4 speakers in each ear and stuff. I have never been so happy. Turtle beaches left ear stopped working after 3 months, trittions right ear stopped working after about 6 so ive been very skeptical about quality and as long as they actually keep working or claiming the 1 yr warrnty isnt hard these will seriously been the best headset ive ever owned. Ive never had Astros or Razers i know there really HQ but over double the price. I can't even express just how awesome these are. NO WIRES is so lIBERATING lol. they charged in like 2 hrs lasted like 8 and no discomfort NONE. They feel extremly well built unlike turtle beaches and there is no static i mean NONE when there is no noise (you know that annoying shhhhh thats really light) IT IS SIMPLY QUITE unlike the expensive Trittions. It's noise cancelation is disent could be a little better but the second there is audio you have no outside interferance and it holds in the noise great. If you look inside the cups there shaped to the back of your ear and there angled to direct audio to the center of your ear (its stuff like that they didn't have to do but they did). Hmmm what else could you guys want to know. Ohh the controls are very easy to use and access no hassle muting audio, or muting chat, no problems raising and lowering audio or chat audio. Ohh ease of setup is so Plug N play its not funny lol. I hope everyone who gets this is as happy as i was because i swear there were several times last night when i was playing Resistance 3 that i forgot i had them on and i had my tv up to loud....seriously. I was all getting off my couch and going to lower the audio on the tv and then id feel the headset and remember im and idiot haha. There just so much better then any headset ive owned and ive owned two from both ends of the price and gaming spectrem. These sound better then both feel better built, there wirless, and there only 99 dollars. There could'nt possiably be any haters out there SONY knocked it out of the park.

PS almost forgot, Chat is crystal clear, there was no cutting out i heard them clear and i think they heard me fine, they'd attack where i told them to so idk. I hope i helped my peeps.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 6, 2011 3:50:39 PM PDT
Viper47 says:
Do these have good bass? like for explosions and awesome car sounds :) lol

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2011 6:02:18 PM PDT
To be honest not head rattling but i thought it was balance very nice. The explosions punched just right to get the feel but not lose sight of what was going on in your area, and ya when you where close to a gernade as it popped you'd feel your ears rattle a bit. Even though ive hear better bass i should try not to undermine the balance they found cause i loved it. I hope you do too man. JOIN THE RESISTANCE!!! lol peace.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2011 6:06:55 PM PDT
Viper47 says:
That's good to hear, I usually like balanced sound, I don't want the bass to just overpower all other frequencies lol, I am thinking about buying them soon but can't today :(

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2011 6:19:55 PM PDT
I couldn't imagine you'd be dissapointed man, and i agree about the balance and i think you'll like the level they found. I still can't get enough of the wireless part....its awesome walking all over my apt listening to music. Just awesome.

Posted on Sep 7, 2011 12:15:19 AM PDT
Ted R. says:
You really think these are better than the PX21's? I own a pair (PX21) and love them. I'm on my second pair actually because the right channel crapped out on my previous pair. I've been seriously considering buying the DSS (7.1 surround sound attachment for the PX21) but was thinking maybe I'd just get these Sony's since they have 7.1. $100 is a bit steep though, especially when they were initially advertised at around $70, and I've never been interested in wireless headsets because I don't want to have to charge them. I guess I could just get a longer USB cable and charge them while gaming if I want.

Do the Sony's have different volume controls like the PX21's do for game, chat and bass? Is there a mic. mute switch? And do you know yet how long the battery lasts on a full charge?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2011 8:48:40 AM PDT
me says:
i know it has a mic mute and chat volume control

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2011 2:50:12 PM PDT
@ Ted Riggs. In my opinion H*** YES!!! lol. But id hate to lead someone into a purchase that they didn't like. So ill try and just lay it out as it is. Umm no they don't have controls for bass but audio and chat yes, and they have a slider that can make chat louder than audio or vica verca. The bass in 2.0 mode is nice and it is best used when your in your XMB for music and movies SEE what i found is unless what im doing supports 7.1 Like a game like resistance 3 the surround sound just turns up the treble and kind of give a wider feel if that makes since BUT if you turn surround on with a compatible game it rumbles nice with a nice surround sound feel. But i couldnt imangin your not going to like even the 2.0 channel I was playing online last night and i was still getting directional Q's nice and loud and had a steady 20 to 5 K/D ratio so i was happy. I played some more story with surround sound on and it is just SOOOO immersive. Also bro the wireless is awesome. I mean no shhhh noise (but i have NOTHING except my Android that could mess with it and it dosen't) and no one can truly understand the amazing feel of no wires. i mean it is just awesome. I say a reviewer say that is was cheaply made and im sorry i can't help but think that guys nuts, cause you feel just how solid this is it feels solid built like your controller and when charging it it stops itself when your fully charged instead of ruining a battery. They make a comment in the instructions to fully charge it once a year to keep battery funtional at premium, but i charge it when i go to work and where them the hole time im off as long as i have nothing to do. Like i said I truly beleive that they put turtle beach to shame and i hope you have the same experiance, nothing against the turtle but if you do then that means you'd be as happy as i am and i wish that on all of you haha.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2011 2:55:35 PM PDT
Ohh and the 70 dollar tag was a cheap price that amazon bought in bulk to get sales started. They should be retailed at 99 thats what i paid for them and i havn't felt bad about the money ive spent considering ive spent well over $400 dollars in my persuit for just this kind of headphones. I just can't say it enough i had that same problem with my PX21s only it was my left and they wouldnt honor there warrnty (it was my fault i didn't have my recipt anymore) but every headphones ive ever owned have craped out before a year so im crossing my fingers here man, it scares me to hear other reviewers say they already had to send theres in to get replacements because they go crappy audio and i must say if there is even a crackle and shhh a anything your not hearing what i am, the sould quailty is nice in 7.1 and more bass heavy in 2.0 but god so nice. Hope i helped.

Posted on Sep 7, 2011 4:26:53 PM PDT