5.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera, great price, March 10, 2012
This review is from: Fujifilm S4500 Compact Digital Camera (Electronics)
I was in the market for a new camera, started to make photography a side hobby, and need an inexpensive camera with a good zoom, options, features, and quality pictures within a reasonable budget of course. Looked around, read reviews, walked the counters of countless electronic stores until faith found me in the form of a costco flyer. $50 off the Fujifilm S4500, I read the online reviews and was somewhat impressed. Costco has a no hassle return policy so I figured I had nothing to lose but $5 in gas money. Purchased the Fujifilm S4500 and I must say that I have no regrets in using up $5 in gas because it is a fantastic camera. Living in California, I took the opportunity to test it out on the beach for a beautiful sunset. The sunset feature was amazing, the pictures I was able to take was beyond my expectations. The colors were perfect, the contrast between the setting sun and objects in front was excellent. The images that were taken at home on "auto" when I first received it were also great. The picture quality of the camera is perfect when used properly!!!! And "used properly" is the key word. I read the manual before using the camera, and not the printed one. They included a CD with the complete manual on it, which is approx. 120+ pages. It explains how to use the focus correctly and all other features. I've read reviews that people complained that they couldn't focus when zooming, but I was able to take crystal clear images of random items in my living at 30X zoom from five feet away and a beautiful sun setting at 30X zoom. Is the camera the greatest camera ever made...no...is it a great camera for the price if you take the time to read the manual...absolutely! If you're looking for a camera that has all the bells and whistles and will correct user error then enter a price range of $500-$1000 instead of $100-$200.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 12, 2012 11:32:22 AM PDT
Ian L. Rowe says:
Nice review--you sounds like me re: budget, photography background, CA! Question: Have you taken high speed shots? Would it be at least decent for taking little league "action" (haha) shots? Also, how's the battery life? Do you use rechargeables or Duracell/etc fresh batteries?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2012 1:13:58 PM PDT
Russo says:
The closet thing I got to taking a high speed shot would be of a pelican or maybe it was a really large seagull diving into the ocean. I was at about 20X zoom but the shot was clear considering that I was following it as it flew. So, in my option there should be no real issues for what you mentioned. I've only used fresh batteries to date. The ones supplied didn't last very long, but I replaced them and just yesterday took well over 300+ pictures while visiting the botanical garden.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2012 2:40:02 AM PDT
Joe Davis says:
Helpful review. I need to take pictures and videos in low light, e.g., school auditorium plays and recitals. What is your experience with such situations? Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2012 5:08:31 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 20, 2012 5:08:59 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 7, 2012 8:25:26 PM PDT
how is the shutter speed on it? I have an old camera and it takes for ever to take a picture and most pictures I take a of my 2 y/o and we know they dont sit still so most of the pictures I miss.

Posted on May 6, 2012 8:15:55 PM PDT
islander says:
Do you know how the S4200 and S4500 differ except in #X for zoom?

Posted on May 6, 2012 8:21:36 PM PDT
islander says:
Do you know how the S4200 and S4500 differ except in #X for zoom?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2013 2:18:07 AM PST
Anthony555 says:
The S4200 is 24x zoom and the s4500 is 30x zoom.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 26, 2013 9:11:25 AM PDT
Joe M. Wolff says:
They are identical bodies, only the lens differs

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 26, 2013 9:17:00 AM PDT
Joe M. Wolff says:
The Longer the focal length of the lens, the smaller the aperture that allows light in. With an inexpensive 30 X zoom expect it to perform poorly in low light except at very low shutter speeds, which is not really practical because the zoom not only magnifies the image but your "shake" in holding it.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›