5.0 out of 5 stars I like it!, November 28, 2011
This review is from: Amazon Kindle Touch Leather Cover, Black (does not fit Kindle Paperwhite) (Accessory)
So in reading the reviews before I got this cover I was quite worried... lots of people reported it feeling cheap, flimsy, overpriced etc. I was so concerned in fact I tried to cancel my order. I'm glad I wasn't able to.

It is perhaps not what people expect- the leather is not soft, but is rather pressed and almost polished. However, this cover does NOT feel cheap to me. It is stylish, super light, and fits the kindle without those annoying elastic loops or hooks on the corners. It fits within a rubberized groove on the cover, which not only gives it a very tight and secure fit, it also adds protection to the corners of the device and cover. It also feels quite secure in the hand.

So, to sum up: Light, secure, well made and unobtrusive. The $40 price tag could be debated, but I actually don't find it to be overpriced. I'm quite happy with it!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 24, 2011 3:12:01 AM PST
Computer Nut says:
I have one too! I think it is terrific! I love the fact it locks in and you can access everything. I do not find it cheap.

Posted on Dec 24, 2011 3:12:30 AM PST
Computer Nut says:

Posted on Feb 12, 2012 12:32:20 AM PST
I just purchased a Kindle Touch. I also ordered an AC adapter, which honestly should be included with any Kindle. I know, 2 month battery and all, and you can charge off the USB port on a Mac or PC. I just wasn't sure if I'd need it so I got one - a fool and his money are soon departed may apply to me in this case.

I'll order a leather case too, but the $40 price tag is like 60% of the price of the Kindle Touch, and it is probably made in China for less than $1. I'm not stingy, I just get tired of companies nickle and diming the consumer. Airlines are the same with luggage and preferred seating in economy as extra. So, the price you pay, $99, is really +$15+$40 = $154 when it is all said and done. I did skip 3G. I have a Verizon MiFi portable hotspot I use for my laptop allowing the laptop to connect via 802.11a/g/n to Verizon broadband, and since Kindle for WiFi, I should be fine.

I do look forward to the Kindle, and within a few weeks I will have forgotten the cost.

Posted on Feb 13, 2012 12:56:14 PM PST
Sean D. Lee says:
I had the Kindle 2 and the custom cover with the metal tabs that went into the side of the Kindle. The touch combo is better than the other (except I would have preferred the more supple non-pressed leather) because of the way it fits into cover itself. Thumbs up for me!

Posted on Feb 18, 2012 5:14:17 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 5:32:47 PM PST
Nicros says:
Unobtrusive, as in thin and not adding much bulk to the device.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 24, 2012 10:29:13 PM PST
Does a light come with it as it does on the previous cover?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2012 1:40:55 PM PST
Drew says:
no, the light cover is 60 bucks. this one is 40

Posted on May 11, 2012 8:11:14 AM PDT
Julie B says:
I completely agree with you! Sweet Smell of leather too!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.3 out of 5 stars (1,083 customer reviews)

Used & New from: $0.01