5.0 out of 5 stars ultimately living off of the ultimate meal, November 13, 2010
This review is from: The Ultimate Life - The Ultimate Meal, 1200 g powder (Health and Beauty)
I am a fitness competitor and have been eating The Ultimate Meal two times a day for the past 8 months. Sure I've missed a day or two here and there when traveling or just on vacation but generally I go through 2 cans of The Ultimate Meal per month.

What I like about The Ultimate Meal is that it contains the things I need that I normally have a difficult time getting from traditional whole foods. For example: I try to eat about 25 grams of protein and about a half cup of veggies six times per day. I also try to get in three 1/4 cup starch servings, three 1/3 cup fruit servings, and a couple tablespoons of good fats every day. Previously when I would compete I had a really hard time eating veggies in the morning because well - I don't want veggies in the morning. Or I didn't have enough time to sit down to eat a half bowl of oatmeal along with my other food. With The Ultimate Meal I can easily get everything I need into a drinkable serving. Finally, I am terrible about getting variety in my diet and with The Ultimate Meal I know I am getting complete nutrition. With whole foods I tend to eat the same things over and over which can and has caused some nutritional deficiencies for me.

My skin? It looks amazing and until I started eating clean (no GMO, no industrial meat, no chemical salts, no chemical preservatives) I had acne. Yes even at age 35 I still had acne but I don't anymore. Dieting? Yes I have lost fat but I don't feel like I have to try anymore. I don't have cravings because I am getting the nutrition that I need when previously I wasn't getting enough nutrition and would have a tough time with portion control. My hair grows faster now. So do my nails. My energy is great. My brain is alert; I get more work done in less time. I just feel so damned good when I eat this way that I never want to stop.

Caveats? Well if you only ate the Ultimate Meal and nothing else you would be healthy but you would probably go crazy from not chewing solid food. So don't just go cold turkey on real food. While I haven't tried that myself I just don't think I could recommend it. Life is about balance (my opinion). Also when you eat clean, whether with Ultimate Meal or just regular whole foods, your body will detox and those symptoms can be unpleasant. For the first few months of eating clean (this was before I tried Ultimate Meal) I had terrible stomach problems and my skin got worse before it got better. But now I'm over that hump and so much happier. It was worth it. Also for some people the idea of spending upwards of $50 for 30 meals before adding any ingredients is crazy.

My recipe (this is for 122#, 5'5" 36 year old highly active woman, your needs may vary). I eat 6 meals a day, two of which are The Ultimate Meal.
scant 1/3 cup of Ultimate Meal powder
scant 1/4 cup of dry rolled oats (non GMO please)
1/2 cup frozen fruit, I like everything except blackberries, they have too many seeds.
1/2 scoop protein powder, I use casein unless it is pre-workout then I use whey. If you need flavor, go ahead and use a flavored powder.
I add cold almond or coconut milk and blend while continuing to add liquid until the blender is running smoothly. If it seizes you need more liquid.
Then I add about 1 Tablespoon of healthy fat - usually coconut oil or Udos, sometimes flax oil.

I know that room temperature liquid and fruits are recommended but I do not find them to be as palatable, especially in the hot summer.

Blend for a LONG TIME. This helps to emulsify the drink so that it isn't gritty. Usually the only grit I notice is the oatmeal and I kind of like that sensation. If you don't like that, use cooked oatmeal.

Pour into a glass. RINSE THE BLENDER IMMEDIATELY. Then drink the shake. Enjoy.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 27, 2010 10:58:37 AM PST
you mentioned using casein...have you heard that it's possibly a very detrimental dairy ingredient? i'm new to studying casein myself, but i have seen increasing reports that it is tied to cancer and other health issues. sort of like...many say to avoid dairy because it's not good for bodies over just a few years old. i think the gist is that casein might be the main reason why. i would just look into it if curious.

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2011 9:38:10 AM PDT
Mary says:
I don't have a problem with casein - I think every person's "gut" has the potential to be different and mine has no issues digesting milk proteins, but I am aware that some people do have issues with milk protein. What is important is to pay attention to one's own body. What makes you feel good? What foods get you performing your best? Which things upset your own digestive system? I'm no doctor and I'm no dietitian. All I know is what works for me. Maybe it will work for you, maybe not. Either way I am interested to learn how others are using The Ultimate Meal.

Posted on Mar 21, 2013 4:36:24 PM PDT
Michael says:
Have you tried to eat nothing but Ultimate Meal in a day? Replace all meals with just Ultimate Meal? Thoughts and experiences on that? How many scoops per day if you wanted to replace all meals?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.2 out of 5 stars (247 customer reviews)

$69.95 $63.89