5.0 out of 5 stars SD memory at its best!, March 16, 2012
This review is from: SanDisk Extreme Pro 16GB SDHC UHS-1 Speed Class 1 (U1) With Speed Up To 95MB/s & Full-HD-Ready SDSDXP-016G-A46 (Personal Computers)
As a professional photographer, I need my gear to work how I need it, when I need it. Before I really had a clue I used mid-range CF and SD cards, one of which failed on me DURING A WEDDING. Yes, I was that photographer. Luckily I shoot with two bodies and always have a second shooter so not all was lost, but I learnt a valuable lesson: you get out what you put in.

PROS:
- Exceptionally reliable. Not a single shot lost out of 15,000+
- Incredibly fast (UDMA 6), camera cache fills up first!
- Designed for extreme shooters
- Life-time warranty
- File transfer speeds to computer are insane!

NEUTRAL
- Price is high, but worth it

I use both the CF and SD versions of the Extreme Pro cards, and I have been so thoroughly impressed with them that I now shoot with nothing else. Even on my 1Ds-MkII (pro series camera) the camera's buffer fills up faster than the card can handle, so I am never waiting for the card to catch up which is a change. After having put over 15,000 images on each of my cards, I can report zero failures. Even on my Sandisk Extreme cards (one step down) I would eventually get an image that was half corrupted every once in a while, but the Extreme Pro line is free from these defects. I can't comment on Sandisk's warranty (having never had an issue), but it's nice to know it's there! Pair these cards with a Lexar Professional USB 3.0 Dual-Slot Reader (LRW300URBNA) and you will blaze through full card backups!

Overall you will be absolutely pleased with the results from these cards - you pay a little extra but in return you get real performance and true peace of mind!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 1, 2012 3:58:50 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 1, 2012 5:12:14 AM PDT
AmazonMan says:
A STRAIGHT QUESTION: kindly answer asap (i need to buy one)

Is the extra speed of 50mB/s in this than SANDISK EXTREME PRO 16gb, UHS-I Class 10 45mB/s (LINK-> SanDisk Extreme Pro 16 GB SDHC UHS-1 Flash Memory Card 45MB/s SDSDXP1-016G-X46 )
better for frame rate (after the buffer fill) and/or recording HD video (highest quality) ?
I plan to use it for Nikon D5100 & D7000 (Both are UHS-I compatible); Yes i also want it to be future-ready

I have read numerous comments (from some techy guys) bragging, just 30mB/s speeds even, as more than enough & doesn't affect anything (Totally confusing)

Thanks in advance

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 1, 2012 5:09:58 AM PDT
AmazonMan

I have used the SanDisk Extreme 32GB SDHC Flash Memory Card SDSDX-032G-X46,Black in the Rebel T2i without any problems at all. When it comes to video work, anything from the Sandisk Extreme or the Sandisk Extreme Pro will be just fine. As far as the buffer fill you will of course see better results from the Extreme Pro, but unless you are doing some where every second counts (I shoot weddings) you probably won't notice a HUGE difference.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 1, 2012 5:16:24 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 1, 2012 5:18:03 AM PDT
Dobrein
Thanks for reply but you have actually brought another different thing into picture.

i wanted to know any edge/advantage (on camera & not in file transfer speeds) of using this card which is SANDISK EXTREME PRO 16gb, UHS-I Class 10 95mB/s & other listed card i.e. SANDISK EXTREME PRO 16gb, UHS-I Class 10 45mB/s ( SanDisk Extreme Pro 16 GB SDHC UHS-1 Flash Memory Card 45MB/s SDSDXP1-016G-X46 ) which is all same except speed?

The new care you mentioned, about you mentioned is neither EXTREME PRO (its EXTREME) and nor 45mB/s (its 30mB/s))

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 1, 2012 5:20:32 AM PDT
Ciaran says:
Ah, sorry I didn't click your link, I just looked at it, my apologies.

I haven't used the 45mb/s card, but it would seem that me that 45mb/s vs. 90mb/s is a rather large difference. I'm not a Nikon guy, so I don't know what the buffer will be like on those cameras, but I think the speed increase from the card will be significant!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 1, 2012 6:16:25 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 1, 2012 6:16:59 AM PDT
AmazonMan says:
To the previous confusion of people advising that nothing more than 30mB/s is required for faster speeds on camera ( speeds are better for high speed cards on supporting card readers though)
"The faster card is cheaper right now to, so that also must be taken into account! " is another thing i have been wondering of before i posted my original query/

how come out of 2 card with ditto specifications, the one which is faster can be cheaper? Bonkers!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 1, 2012 6:19:50 AM PDT
AmazonMan,

I have no idea - it happens every so often! It may be a stock thing, it could just be an oversight. Not complaining though!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›