5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality Headset for an Affordable Price, May 15, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Tritton Trigger Stereo Headset for Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I bought this headset for my son for his 13th birthday (this is my wife's account, so no I am not "princess"). This is the first gaming headset we have owned, and we primarily use the headset for Call of Duty. Since I like to play the game myself, I gave the headset a test drive.

Highlights:
Sound Quality - I was quite surprised that the headset produced a high quality sound - deep and rich. Just as good if not better than my panasonic noise cancelling headset.

Comfort - I wear glasses, and the padded ears fit comfortably on my ears and head. I wore them for about an hour comfortably, and the fit never felt too tight or uncomfortable with my glasses.

Adapters - the Tritton Trigger comes with everything you need to plug into your Xbox/Tv. I prefer HDMI quality, so I used the HDMI audio adapter, which plugs into the back of the Xbox. It also comes with an adapter that plugs into the Xbox controller. If you don't use the HDMI audio adapter, you can just plug the headset directly into your tv.

Volume Controls - there are separate volume controls for the game volume and the chat volume, which is great if you don't want to listen to the chatter but want to hear the game sound effects. There is also a mute button to mute yourself.

Other - I read reviews about the Xbox resetting when you changed the TV input from Xbox to the TV. I haven't had this issue using the HDMI adapter. Of course, being a parent, I don't understand why one would leave the Xbox on and switch the input to watch TV anyway. It's a waste of electricity! I also read that people didn't like hearing themselves speak thru the headphones, but I find it useful so that you know you are indeed talking and that others can hear you.

Price - I got these for $39.99. They are now up to $48 at the time of this review (two weeks after purchase). It's a great headset for either price.

I don't really see a downside to the headset other than the wires. The wire is plenty long to reach your chair/couch, but it's just a hassle to store and maneuver around. I also noticed some feedback interference when my blackberry was too close to the headset. But does one really need to text or email and play Xbox at the same time?

I was wavering between this headset and the next step up to the Detonator and the Turtle Beach X12. I decided to go with the less expensive choice, and we are quite happy with the Trigger. It delivers high quality sound, is comfortable to wear, is sturdy in its design and build, and comes at a very affordable price.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]