Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

5.0 out of 5 stars enlightening launchpad for those who question global warming, August 30, 2011
This review is from: Watermelons: The Green Movement's True Colors (Paperback)
While I think the author tries a little too hard to be 'entertaining' with the insertion of numerous clever analogies/metaphors, the basic premise of the book; that the current narrative propagated by the media establishment and government bureaucracy has far more to do with control(money) and protecting the ivory towers of powerful policy makers, BIG-eco-business, and self-serving academia.

I like that the author recounts actual events as they happened, points fingers, and names the actual players involved - this has served as an invaluable resource for me in continuing my own research on the internet and in reading other authors' works. I encourage any and all to read this book if you question the media's blind acceptance of 'climate change', the scare tactics of leftist BIG-eco, and how the promise of power and money have corrupted the science behind it.

Needless to say, man's influence on the natural flux of our climate has been GROSSLY overstated in our media and serves as a perfect example of how leftist ideology controls much of the media/academia we've been told(programmed) to believe is neutral and unbiased.

Again, I encourage you to read this book as it will serve as a launch-pad for further study of the issue, after which your only conclusion can be a that we, the world, have been duped and continue to be on so many issues - climate change, academia, media bias, scientific study, government, power, monetary policy, liberty, freedom,...etc.

I won't be surprised that in 20 years we'll look back at the issue of "Climate Change" and "Global Warming" as the beginning-of-the-end for leftist control of our media and academia as there is no dearth of evidence of the control exerted by leftist special interests, the power they seek, and the lengths they are willing to go; a total corruption of scientific process to promote their agenda.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 27, 2015 7:38:08 PM PST
Samiam says:
In 20 years we'll look back and see how people like you worked to discredit the green movement and collectively stymied action to prevent the environmental issues we'll face in the next two decades and beyond. Even West Virginia is starting to realize you people are insane: http://www.nationaljournal.com/energy/west-virginia-education-board-rejects-curriculum-that-distorts-climate-science-20150114

Please, please keep reminding everyone around you about your position on AGW, so that they'll remember you in 20 years and can properly "thank" you for your "contribution" to our children's future.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2015 10:34:14 AM PST
aerodog says:
drama queen much?

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 11:34:34 AM PST
Samoan, people like you have been saying, "In 10/20 years time the planet will be underwater/a dessert/snowless..." For the last fifty years, we are still here, the oceans are getting bigger, the polar bear numbers have increased to five times the level they at fifty years ago. We are all waking up to the drivel people like you have been spouting all this time. So I highly doubt anything will change in ten years time. In fact I would bet my house on it, if I win a get to keep my house and if in the very unlikely event I lose, well we will all be dead with terminal sunburn or underwater so I won't have to pay out anyway.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›