5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent PS3 Headset, Recommended..., April 25, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: PS3 Ear Force P11 Amplified Stereo Gaming Headset (Accessory)
Turtle Beach has been making gaming headsets for years. Yet I found myself P11 deserves to be one of the
best headset made by anybody. I don't like all glitters, therefore let me go into deep core first.

PROS
1. Good and matching design for PS3 (Black finish and red stripes makes it aesthetically impressive)
2. Comfortable and light; after long hours bashing buttons, gamers with big headsets like this one would hurt themselves.
However, due to its comfy and light measurements, no worries here! I think I could go all night with this baby! (No innuendo btw)
3. Sound Controller, or AMP will make sure you to have maximum gaming experiences. You can MUTE anytime you want, and increase/decrease your chat volume. The Chat Monitor allows players to hear themselves so that way, player don't have to yell.
4. Sound Quality, it is good period Amped up and stereo is really good. For example, In CoD Modern Warfare or CoD Black Ops, I could hear much better now! I could hear enemies location, footsteps, cooking grenades, and etc. I would have to try this headset with GT5, DeadSpace 1 or 2, MW2, and my other games to realize its extend.
5. Ergonomics, Seriously gamers, if you could buy Sony's brand new Bluetooth microphone, why not buy this?
It comes with TWO features you know. One headset and other crystal-clear microphone. The price is only $50 in Amazon. I believe retailers sell you for $60. It is only $10 difference or so. Yet it is so much better. Trust me, I was an once-a-user of Bluetooth. And I know the pain. haha
6. USB powered, which means that you don't have to charge your thing everyone time you wish to play some games.

CONS
1. Cheap Material? Well this could be subjective because for me, I think the stuff they used to make this thing, isn't that cheaply made. Yet you better be careful with this baby because the top part and the earpiece connector seem to be ... little not sturdy. So...
2. Cables? Well come on everybody, it is just a another cable in your collection of tangled cables. Why not add a another one? Besides the headset gives you a long cord so, no worries here too.

So at the end, I would recommend this one to friend or anybody who has doubts about it. You cannot go wrong with this one. Unless you are a really new to the system but sound quality, design, microphone, price and etc. overwhelms the cons.
Now, I will go over some things that I have learned.

Troubleshooting
***Very important use the PS3 AV Cables! Yes they are important, otherwise you cannot hear anything from your earpieces. Go find one from the box (every PS3 boxes come with a AV cable), hook it up to PS3 and the headset.
***PC users, don't be alarmed. If you think your PC speakers still make noises? No it is not! It is most likely the P11!
I could be wrong, depend on the PC's models but I advise to check forums or such.
***Setting up is easy.

Thank you for reading my review. One more reminder though, BUY THIS!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 20, 2011 3:55:51 PM PST
C. Win says:
Thanks dude,
your review made me buy this headset :)

Posted on Dec 10, 2011 7:54:17 PM PST
razou says:
Question, not a comment: My first headset purchase is tending to this product, but I want to know my connection options. I have the PS3 hdmi for visual and optical connection to d surround sound set-up. When I am using this headset, how do I incorporate the audio connections; I still have to run the red / yellow cables from back of PS3 to the jacks for this headset? Also, will I still be able to use my existing surround sound system and the headset simultaneously or is it one or the other? Thanks for any assistance you provide.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2013 7:44:17 AM PDT
you hook it up through the av cable that came with your ps3. you can leave the hdmi setup the way it is, all you have to do to switch back and forth is change your audio settings on your ps3.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.0 out of 5 stars (655 customer reviews)

$59.99 $38.56