3.0 out of 5 stars I ordered glass, but got plastic, October 3, 2008
A friend loaned me this great coffee press. It's the best coffee brewing system I've found, but more time consuming to use and clean up. Please note also that 8 cups is wildly optimistic. That's four-ounce cups. I real life, you get about two good 10-12 ounce mugs of coffee.

At the time I ordered, the item was described on Amazon as having a glass beaker, but the one I received was plastic.

Some may prefer this because it's unbreakable; I was disappointed. I specifically wanted the glass one because I trying to avert plastic's that might leech chemicals into food. The plastic version also differed in that filter screen was held together with some plastic components, whereas the glass version uses all metal parts (with the exception of the lid).

I ended up returning the item (which sours the whole on-line shopping experience) and buying a glass version at a local retailer instead. One where I could verify I was getting the glass version that I desired. I'm very happy with it and use it daily.

So, if you want to order this item from Amazon, please double-check that your getting what you want.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 17, 2012 7:46:54 PM PST
C.V. May says:

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2012 1:02:33 AM PDT
eec says:
To Carl May: Consider yourself lucky. I wonder you felt the need to be so pointlessly rude...

Posted on Apr 20, 2012 4:45:08 PM PDT
I have this press and it is glass. The Chambord is glass. Some of the others are plastic.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 9, 2012 6:04:28 PM PDT
I don't think Carl noticed that it says "Amazon Verified Purchase." That will only come up on a review if the reviewer is reviewing the EXACT same item purchased.

I don't think Carl buys much stuff online. I have most certainly received wrong products before. But I buy stuff online several times a week.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 5:01:42 AM PST
Blake says:
I have this product as well and the beaker is glass. The only problem is that part of the plunger that allows the coffee to be poured is plastic, which is not what the product description states. I would have preferred the product description have information about the plastic component since I purchased this to get away from my plastic drip coffee maker.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 10:18:45 AM PST
Titohov says:
Sorry you got something different from what you ordered. However, if you're happy with the product once you got the right one, why not give it a 5-star rating? Seems super crappy and short-sighted to penalize a product with an average rating when the truth is you had a bad experience with Amazon. The rating system is for the product not the merchant. Just saying...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:51:22 PM PST
Allan says:
Is the beaker double walled. I am looking for a coffee maker that will keep the coffee hot to avoid having to nuke it

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 5:37:28 AM PST
Blake says:
No, it is not double walled. Just a standard beaker you would use in science class.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›