2.0 out of 5 stars Great concept, poor execution..., January 11, 2010
This review is from: UNO MOO Preschool Game (Toy)
My 3 year old daughter loves to play games, so when we saw this one, it went right on her Christmas list. And for as hard as it was to find this holiday season, I had high expectations. I was disappointed.

Here's my 2 cents:

-It is difficult to randomly pick a character from the barn when you can see what you are picking. We try having everyone close their eyes, but it doesn't really work!
-The haystacks surely won't last long, and if you are playing on the floor, they don't do much good anyways.
-The concept and packaging is great - love the fact that it is small and self contained. The less space it takes up in the closet the better!

The bottom line is that we don't play that this often (and we play a game every night). When it does come out, we usually don't have a successful game. If you are looking for a game that will teach the same rules (color/matching), I would suggest a children's deck of Crazy Eights...we were playing that when she was 2.5 and it was much easier and less frustrating than this game!

If you are looking for other good board games to play for a 3 year old, I would suggest Toy Story Yahtzee Jr, Sequence for Kids, and Zingo. Those are the big hits in our house!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 18, 2011 4:32:49 PM PDT
E. Langer says:
I totally agree! We rarely play this game because of this exact reason!

Posted on Jan 3, 2012 5:04:42 PM PST
Mirooshk says:
thanks for including what games you do like. We have all of them but crazy eights, but I haven't tried Zingo with my three year old, well and the one time we did Sequence for Kids he was too young. Thanks for inspiring me to get them out and play.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2012 6:42:53 PM PST
jensan says:
You're welcome...two years later and we still don't play it. My (now) two year old son uses it just to play with the animals. Some other fun games we've come across are Super Why and Scrabble Junior (my daughter is now 5 and loves them both).

Have fun!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 23, 2012 9:00:06 AM PST
C. Barth says:
Thanks for the review.... this is why I always check reviews before I buy a game... they have this on Clearance at our Macy's right now, and I was going to buy it for my son for a birthday present.... but I don't like the idea that they can see what they are picking, and the "closing eyes" thing probably won't work for us either. I'll check out the other games that you mentioned instead... thanks again! :)

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 10:32:39 AM PST
J. Floyd says:
Just put the animals in a bag and take turns picking them out

Posted on Jun 13, 2013 9:27:14 AM PDT
E. Leeds says:
I so agree with your comments. I've read several sets of online directions for Uno Moo! and none made any comment about the difficulty of "randomly" picking a character from the barnyard when all the animals are visible when the roof is opened. To me, this is a pretty obvious and I wonder why no one else mentioned it. Most 3 year olds that I know peek when told to close their eyes and thus it's easy to take the color or animal that they need. Playing with two 3 year olds recently, they spent the whole game accusing each other of peeking and I became a referee. Not very pleasant for any of us! I agree also about the haystacks---they're useless and I threw ours away. They fell over constantly and weren't high enough to do any good anyway. Good concept but for $20 the game needs two improvements: a door on the side from which to randomly draw animals and higher, sturdier haystacks.

Posted on Aug 17, 2013 1:39:49 PM PDT
S. Fox says:
Thank you so much for your review but especially for including names of games you liked better. Instead of wasting my money on something the kids might not like we're going to try some that you recommended.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.2 out of 5 stars (132 customer reviews)

$29.99 $21.99