Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

5.0 out of 5 stars Most comfortable shoes I've ever worn!, February 13, 2007
This review is from: Clarks Originals Men's Wallabee Boot (Apparel)
I just received these shoes today and here are my impressions.

3:30pm The shoes arrived and I eagerly opened the box and put them on. They feel quite a bit different from other shoes. The sole is VERY springy! The tongue is hurting my right foot and I'm concerned that I am going to need to return the shoes.

4:30pm I take the shoes off and it turns out that the tongue (which is connected to the sides of the top of the shoe where the laces go through)is not centered quite right so I fold it in place and put the shoes back on. I notice a difference instantly. My wife comes home from work and says "I don't like the way they look....but they are your shoes".

By 5:30 I don't care how they look because they are soooo comfortable. The soft leather uppers seems to fit the foot perfectly and the soft sole is still really springy. The combination of these two is magnificent.

By 7pm I love these shoes so much that I am sitting at the computer writing a review at amazon!

I generally wear birkenstock and Dr. Marten shoes so I have spoiled my feet. It is a fantastice surprise to get these shoes and find that they are even MORE comfortable than the Docs or the Birks.

I just ordered a pair of the Desert treks.....

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 7 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 26, 2009 8:00:38 AM PDT
the clark wallabees are a classic shoe because of comfort,the history,feel and the all around classy detail about them. These shoes say im not a kid anymore,so get your grown man on with these classy yet sporty comfortable shoes. I am going to order about 6 pair to change my wardrobe. I love my gear set up. I am a sharp dresser that takes my clothes just as serious as my jewelry. Hola at ya boy. Peace to Rochester New York. Thats my style. Peace.

Posted on Sep 27, 2011 12:48:58 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 27, 2011 12:57:51 PM PDT
I also, bought Wallabes and I had a problem with the right shoe. The tongue hurts my right foot. Other than that they are quite comfortable! Rright now I'm using a shoe stretcher and shoe stretcher spray to lift the tongue vertically. I simply put plastic coated cardboard--2 pieces-- cut the shape of the top of the shoe in the tongue area on top of the shoe stretcher. No results yet. I just checked the tongue to make sure it is centered. I know my right foot is bigger--a little, than my left foot. Cheers!

Posted on Jul 30, 2013 8:28:41 PM PDT
This review made my day. I can't put into words how humorous I found this. Not in a sarcastic manner but completely genuine. You should be a professional shoe reviewer. Loved the timeline breakdown of your wallabee day! I bought a pair today and after having read this I am confident in my purchase.

Best review of any product ever!!

Posted on Jul 30, 2013 8:29:19 PM PDT

Best review of any product ever!!

Posted on Dec 10, 2013 7:52:49 PM PST
Mustang girl says:
I got a good laugh from your review. especially the part where your wife said "I don't like the way they look, but they are your shoes". Reminded me when I was a teenager back in the 60's when I bought a pair for the outrageous price of fifteen dollars and of course, my mom hated them, so naturally I loved them. She had sent me to buy a pair of "nice shoes" for my up coming graduation, given me twenty bucks and thought I'd come home with some nice stack heel shoes "befitting the young lady my mom wanted me to be" that would match my graduation dress. Sorry mom. I've always been a tomboy at heart. I did everything in those shoes and they are really comfortable. I wore that first pair of shoes out and had a couple pairs after that and imagine my surprise to find them on Amazon. I couldn't order them fast enough and I will be eagerly waiting for my pair to come, just like you.

Posted on Apr 22, 2015 10:58:28 AM PDT
Angelo Diaz says:
Awesome review! Lol!

Posted on Feb 25, 2016 9:14:53 AM PST
Trainmaster says:
Yes, I agree a great review for a true classic shoe.
But I love his name even more!
Is he a reincarnation of W,C, Fields? Effingham Hoofnickel.
Great name!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2016 10:38:33 AM PST
W.C. Fields is one of my heroes and certainly a role model!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›