5.0 out of 5 stars A Delight To Devour, August 16, 2008
This review is from: Supernatural: The Complete Third Season (Amazon Instant Video)
It was with SUPERNATURAL that I discovered the many varied virtues of Amazon Unbox - and I must say that it's a wondrous thing!

I don't usually watch tv, per se. I do, however, love certain network & cable series. To be able to watch them, on my own schedule and at my own whim, right here upon my own computer screen, is just about the closest I've ever come to being spoiled in the whole of my existence!

Now- for this show specifically: Let me just say that I don't think I've ever embraced so whole-heartedly such a guilty pleasure as offered by network tv before in all my history here on earth. In short, I just love this show!

It's in essence the ongoing saga of a family - well, two brothers, specifically- Sam and Dean Winchester, whose mother was killed in 1983 in a fire over Sam's crib when he was six months old, by a supernatural entity. From that moment, Sam's father, John, has raised his children - Dean, who's four years older than Sam, and Sam himself- to hunt supernatural things, with the ultimate feat to kill the thing that murdered their mother.

The allure of this show lies in the dynamics between the members of this fractured little family. Jared Padelecki and Jensen Ackles play Sam and Dean, respectively. Jeffrey Dean Morgan ("Grey's Anatomy") plays John.

There have been recurring characters throughout the three seasons so far, Jim Beaver as Bobby the most notable of Season 3. The acting is simply excellent. There's quite a lot of mythology drawn into the flow of the storyline, though each episode is like an excellent mini horror movie in itself.

The finale of this season left a major and most incredible cliffhanger. I am truly all agog for what happens next!

Finally, if it weren't for Amazon Unbox, I would not have had the pleasure of viewing each of the episodes of this Season of SUPERNATURAL, as I work evenings and nights. I am most thankful it's been available!

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]