774 of 788 people found the following review helpful
Very Good Buy
, September 14, 2010
This review is from: Logitech S715i Portable 30-Pin iPod/iPhone Speaker Dock (Electronics)
I bought this docking station for use while deployed to Iraq and I hijacked my wife's Amazon account to do it (smart, right?). It is surprisingly light and slim, especially considering the fullness, crispness, and volume of the sound that it produces. I have not been disappointed, particularly at this price point.
Features that I really like:
1. Dual voltage, which is great for overseas travel.
2. Comes with power adapter.
3. AUX-IN capability has been very useful for plugging in to my laptop for movies.
4. They did away with the iPod inserts, and the design ingeniously allows whatever iPod you insert to rest against a back stop, so that you aren't stressing the connector when you push on the iPod to control it.
5. Remote is simple on features but works very well even when not pointed directly at the unit.
Features that could still be improved:
1. The carry case is more like a dust cover. It is made from the same material those re-usable grocery bags are made from. I am not complaining that it doesn't come with something more substantial at this price, but I do hope that Logitech or some other manufacturer makes something with padding for those of us who travel a lot. I'd be happy to purchase it as an accessory.
2. The AC adapter would be even better if the prongs folded in, as many travel adapters do.
3. You can't use an iPod touch that has a case on it. The docking area narrows toward the bottom making the width a problem--even with slim fitting cases. This just means you have to have a case that comes off easily or one that has a detachable bottom.
Overall I give this a 5 star rating. I waited about a month and a half for this to be released based on initial industry industry reviews (CNET, etc.) and features; I am not disappointed. The sound is great. It is portable. It looks good. It is not extremely expensive. Those all add up to a real winner. I own a Bose Sound Dock (original) and feel that the sound is better on that speaker system--fuller bass and it fills the room a bit better, however the price was double and it is not portable. I challenge anyone to find something higher quality and more versatile for the $150 or under range.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you?