5.0 out of 5 stars For a game this big you need the even bigger guide., November 11, 2011
This review is from: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Prima Official Game Guide (Paperback)
When it comes to an RPG game, you know that it'll be massive. So much so that some of those games will require you to get the strategy guide because with a game as big as Skyrim, you need the guide to help you get around this massive world. So I went to my local Gamestop and was the first customer of the day and was also the first to purchase this huge almost 700 page guide. And it's huge and helpful.

What you will find in this guide is everything you ever wanted to know about the game: Every major quest and side quests. Tips on beating the enemies, all locations for the goodies. All magic potions and spells. A map poster, Every inn, every guild, every side game. I could mention everything but it's best to let you the reader be surprised on your own.

All I can say is that with The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim walk through, playing the game will be a breeze because you'll never get stuck and you'll be able to know how to beat a dragon or a tough guy through this book.

Enjoy the world of Skyrim and happy reading.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 15, 2011 7:35:59 PM PST
Who wants to breeze through a game? What's the point? I want to think for myself, get stuck and have to figure my way out. I'd rather have the Collector's Edition guide but that's because I'm a fan and want to keep it.. not cause I don't wanna be challenged.

Posted on Nov 15, 2011 8:56:56 PM PST
You don't have to read every part of the guide, I only intend to read it when I'm really stuck or have a question about certain aspects of the game. This game is HUGE and though I'm going to love playing every second of it, there are far too many games to hang myself on one for far too long and thats when a guide comes in handy.

Posted on Nov 15, 2011 9:15:56 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2011 6:45:36 AM PST
Marc Klein says:
Michael,

To each his own.

What's good for one may not necessarily be good for the other.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2011 6:37:45 PM PST
Michael
First, let me publicly congratulate you on your achievements of completing all of those questlines with out a game guide, you are a hero unto yourself. - Good job!
I'll bet you already know this, and tell yourself in the mirror every day; not everyone is a gaming God like yourself, sometimes we get stuck and need a hint every now and then, yes, thats one flaw of us mere mortals.
Just curious, why publicly criticize someone using a strategy guide for this particular game, did you demean someones gaming skills for every other strategy guide ever written?

Posted on Nov 17, 2011 9:12:18 AM PST
i must buy this guide now!!! n get the game when it's on sale

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2011 3:09:28 PM PST
bucky says:
Get the game now...you wont regret it!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2011 9:50:04 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 18, 2011 9:50:44 AM PST
Chef Sean says:
"I don't see why that means you need the strategy guide."

maybe it's a want instead of a need? I played Morrowind 'til my eyes bled. I beat it up and down and sideways but years later I got my hands on a guide and found secret locations and items I never would have otherwise, after years of play! These guides are great. Prima Strategy Guides are more than just glorified walkthroughs. They're excellent companions to the games.

Posted on Nov 18, 2011 6:01:01 PM PST
H. Amireh says:
Does the paperback prima official game guide come with the code for the interactive world map???

Posted on Nov 19, 2011 12:08:01 AM PST
jones says:
So is the paperback good, like durable-wise? or should I pay extra for the hardcover?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.7 out of 5 stars (505 customer reviews)

Used & New from: $5.47
Add to wishlist
Reviewer

Marc Klein
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Location: Brooklyn, NY