5.0 out of 5 stars Superb item as long as you know about the "hard reset", December 27, 2007
This review is from: SanDisk Sansa Express 2 GB MP3 Player (Black) (Electronics)
Very affordable and great quality music in a tiny package. I use the device to play music in my car, for jogging, and just anywhere else. I believe this is the best product out there for its particular category.

I recommend buying the 2 gb version because a 1 gb expansion card costs just about the same compared to the difference between the 1 gb and 2 gb versions of this product.

Only a few notes:
The shuffle option does not seem to spread out music from their initial alphabetical-order well.

A few minor problems of not turning on or freezing, but this occurs after unplugging the device from a computer or initially turning it on. The problems do not occur during playback. A "hard reset" fixes everything. When I bought this product, I noticed bad reviews, but I also noticed reviews that explained how to circumvent problems noted in the bad reviews. A "hard reset" was the answer in their reviews and the answer from my own experience as well.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 9, 2008 7:09:40 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 9, 2008 7:11:58 PM PST
Sparkle says:
I just ordered this MP3 player to download audio books from our local library via OverDrive.com. Can you please tell my what a "hard reset" is? I never unplug anything from my computer without first clicking on the device drive in the tool bar, and then clicking on "eject". Camera cards, USB storage---and now it will be the MP3 player. The reason I purchased this player is that my Apple iPod Touch (very expensive) is not compatible with downloading audio books from the Overdrive.com. Apple has it fixed so that you can't do this. I needed an good inexpensive MP3 player just to listen to books. Hope this works out. Will do a review when it arrives and I download my latest James Patterson mystery! No more trips to the library to return and check out audio books! Thank you for any info.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2008 5:11:04 PM PST
I don't own a Sansa Express myself, but I'm pretty sure "hard reset" means to use a paper clip (or pin or whatever) to press the recessed "reset" button on the unit. I welcome correction by an Express owner, of course :)

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2008 10:37:54 AM PDT
R. Dodrill says:
A hard reset is done by simultaneously pressing "Select Button" and the "Vol +" button. It should quickly reset the entire device (also preventing access to files)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 29, 2009 1:55:05 PM PDT
I recently had my Sansa Express freeze and have tried numerous 'hard resets' (pushing 'Select' and 'Vol + button) simultaneously, as the owner's manual states and have had no luck. All that happens is the SanDisk logo graphic lights up for 1-2 seconds and then goes off again. I've also tried the 'paperclip' solution but to no avail.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.3 out of 5 stars (191 customer reviews)

Used & New from: $80.00