4.0 out of 5 stars Great Return to Black Ops Zombies!!! Ok Multiplayer, November 13, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Call of Duty: Black Ops II [Hardened Edition] - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I just picked up the Black Ops: II "Hardened" edition today because I wasn't sure if i wanted to buy this game and therefore didn't reserve it to get the "Nuketown" maps in both multiplayer & zombies mode....so I picked up the "Hardened" edition for $20 more and got both maps, a cool tin case for the game and 2 cheesy "coins" that I have no idea what to do with.

With that being said I've played an hour into the single player, 2 hours into zombie modes and another 2 hours into multiplayer. I found the outcome to be a cross between Black Ops and MW3.....the single player and zombie modes are Black Ops all the way. The multiplayer however just screams MW3...the guns, settings, lighting, graphics....just the overall feel feels like an expansion to MW3. It feels very far from the original Black Ops I must say....not a single "snowy" multiplayer map in sight (yet).

I'm not sure if that's good or bad, because I sold my copy of MW3 on eBay earlier after purchasing on opening day. I had beaten the single player mode and was frustrasted as all h**l over the campers in multiplayer, so I got out early and sold the game hoping to get some of my money back.

I do like the sound of the guns in this game though....sounds alot "beefier" and you can feel it when the gun shoots...like you're really shooting the gun yourself. I dunno...it's hard to explain unless you play the game yourself.

Zombie mode is just as great as in the original Black Ops...I think that's the part of BO I played the most!! There are 3 zombie maps in the game and an additional "Nuketown" if you purchased the Hardened Edition or pre-ordered the game at certain places. "Nuketown" is fun because it looks exactly like the original Nuketown in Black Ops....except for the destruction from an asteroid plummeting to earth and decimating the place(you just have to see for yourself). It's fun to play and I can easily see myself getting lost for hours trying to make it to that next "level" against the zombies in that map.

I could blab on about some other things, but if you like Black Ops for the single player and the zombie mode then I recommend this game. Multiplayer I'm still unsure of because it plays too much like MW3 and that for me brings back too many nightmares.....thanks to all the idiotic "campers" out there. *sigh* Wars aren't won sitting in corners people....gotta run out there and take what's yours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Haha So yes, in my 2-hr multiplay with this game there are already campers starting to take their spots in the brand-spanking-new maps. Such a shame.....people have to play like wussies!

Thanks for reading & I recommend picking this up if your a FPS player!!! ~ Thank you!

[Add comment]