5.0 out of 5 stars One of Beverly's best! (edited review), September 10, 2007
This review is from: Live From Los Angeles (Audio CD)
First off, I just want to start off saying that I've enjoyed Bev's music ministry all the way back from the early 1990's when she was singing with Bobby Jones and New Life. I thought (and still think) she was an amazing singer with a zeal for ministry. And when she went solo around 95', I had been watching her career and ministry, even following her guest appearances on various projects (i.e. "Marvelous", "That's How the Lord Works") and the list goes on and on.

I'm glad that she is now with JDI Records, a label that seems to fit her "new" traditional style. I purchased a copy of Live From Los Angeles and am happy to say that the project is good.

This is Beverly, especially on the Tim "Bishop" Brown-penned "He's Done Enough". Even songs like "Lion of Judah" (which I think and hope churches around the country will be singing) fit her even though it is a little different from what she has done in the past (but that's ok, because it's still a great uptempo praise and worship song). Musically, this song is pure hotness!!!!

Another song that ministers to me on here is "We Need to Hear A Word" because without God, we can do nothing. I think there are a lot of good songs that people can sing and I honestly am grateful that there is an album that choirs and groups can sing again because that has been lacking in gospel for the past few years.

Another reason why I like this song is because she not only has the legendary Edwin Hawkins, but also her son Todd Jr. Even though young Todd sings with his mom for about 30 seconds, I can tell that he has a great voice filled with emotion and look forward to hearing more from him down the road.

Other favorites include "I Know Too Much", "Victory Comes", "I Owe Everything to Jesus" w/ Moses Tyson, and "He Keeps on Blessing Me" w/ daughter Latrina, who was also on the last album and matured vocally.

I just miss a bit of that ferocity that was seen on Now That I'm Here (like on "Born Again" and "Nothing Shall Separate Me", remember that "whoooo...shall" lol). But that's fine, this is still a must-buy!

I wish her well and pray that she continues to ministers in song for years to come.

Also, I am eager to see the DVD!

Bev, keep on being a blessing to God's people and the world!

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]