3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing for experienced dancers, January 1, 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: ABBA You Can Dance (Video Game)
I am 27, I own 4 other wii dance games by Ubisoft, and I love all of them. I also love ABBA. This ABBA game is leaving me a bit disappointed. The moves are just way too easy for me. In most of the songs you just stand in one place and wave your arms around. The dance moves for each song are quite repetitive as well. Once you are 30 seconds into the song, you've already seen all the moves you will be doing. I like my dancing games to have some footwork as well as arm work, instead of just standing in place.

After playing this game for an afternoon, I must conclude that the target audience for this game is older adults, and that is why they made the dance moves so simple. They probably figured that most ABBA fans are probably older. (Not the case for me and my friends, but whatever.)

So, if you are perhaps a middle-aged person that wants to get some exercise, and you love ABBA, this game would be perfect for you because you don't have to be a great dancer, and the moves aren't very fast. I got 5 stars on every song on the first try, so I think the wiimote is good at picking up your movements, too. The scoring is much more lenient than Just Dance or the Michael Jackson Experience. Even if you don't get the move completely right, it will still give you a perfect score.

One other issue I have is that on the four person songs, there are no pictograms to show you what to do, so it makes those ones a little confusing at first. I'm not sure why they don't have them, I guess it wouldn't fit on the screen or something?

So just to recap: this game is probably great for beginners, older adults, and maybe younger kids too. More experienced dancers will probably be bored, even if you do love the songs.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 14, 2012 12:12:12 AM PST
mb says:
Your review is spot on. And I noticed that about the 4 person dances too..weird

Posted on Jan 16, 2012 3:13:07 PM PST
Wendsong says:
I'm an "older adult" looking to get started with an exercising routine. This might be the one to start with. Thanks

Posted on Jan 19, 2012 9:26:06 AM PST
Eggalegga says:
I agree. This game is for someone over 40 or under 12. Much easier to follow that MJ Experience and a much slower pace. It could be used as a warm-up to other exercise games. I think this game could be much better if it offered different levels of choreography.

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 1:53:09 AM PDT
Lavesta Gal says:
Hey! I'm over 40 (by quite a bit) and I really enjoy working up a sweat to dance music. I own "Just Dance 1,2,3 & 4" AND I like ABBA, but if it's not as fast-paced as just Dance 1-4, I'm not interested. Not all 'oldies' need the slow moves ;-)

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 5:32:35 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 15, 2012 5:36:59 PM PST
Bibliophile says:
Some of the moves are easy and repetitive because they mimic real ABBA concerts and videos, and I would have been disappointed if the game didn't include these. It would not be a true dance tribute to ABBA without their signature choreography.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.3 out of 5 stars (152 customer reviews)

$28.98