4.0 out of 5 stars One of the better kinect games, October 10, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Fable: The Journey - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Not sure what the other people complaining about bad controls are talking about. Compared to other kinect games this has pretty good control. Like all kinect games, how well it controls is going to be dependent on how optimized your playing area is. I have a good amount of space and always use good lighting. I know not everyone is going to have a large amount of space to play, but that isn't really the games fault, you know what you are getting into with any kinect game. With this game you are for the most part stationary so you don't necessarily need a wide playing area but you will still need to be able sit far enough back so the kinect sensor can see you accurately. The game responds well to your arm motions whether it be pulling the reigns for your horse or redirecting the direction of the spells you cast. My eight year old daughter plays this game fine without any trouble, if she can control it fine I don't see any reason why anyone else wouldn't be able to.
As far as the game itself, it is a pretty fun lil spinoff of the fable games. This does not play anything like the past fable games and it is not meant to. This is not a continuation of the past fable games. This is a completely new game that takes place in the fable world. It is an on rails game and time will be split between driving your horse drawn carriage or on foot casting magic with both of your hands.Spells consist of projectiles that you can shoot and redirect around objects, pushing spells that also stun and pulling spells that let you fling enemies around or interact with world objects like boulders or pulling down parts of the ceiling. Along the way you gain experience and can upgrade your characters skills. It is a fun game with a decent story and worth a try if you enjoy kinect games.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 10, 2012 12:12:51 PM PDT
Elizabeth says:
This is great. Thanks for pointing out that if you like KINECT games you would probably enjoy it. I haven't played many kinect games but i haven't had an issue with any of the ones I've tried out, besides feeling really silly while I dance with someone on the screen. I have played all the Fable games and I love them, I've always gone with more of a caster set up, so I was looking forward to this game, but since it's only Kinect I was worried I wouldn't like it. Reading your review has convinced me I should try it out.

Also pointing out that you need enough space and light for the cameras to pick you up is very important, and it's making me think about my room and how I probably wouldn't be able to play well, I'd have to rearrange some furniture and plug in another lamp. But I am planning on buying the game now that I've read through these reviews!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 10, 2012 5:22:36 PM PDT
Lighting isn't as important but definitely clear out enough stuff so the Kinect can see you clearly. I rarely ever have any Kinect issues. Also if you have a smaller space, it may be worth buying a TV mount. I mounted mine 6 feet or so up at the top of the TV and it has been brilliant. I can play Fable The Journey quite close to my TV now.

If you're a Fable fan and have an open mind about Kinect games you will like it! I haven't finished it or anything but so far so good IMO as well as apparently the author of this review.

Posted on Oct 13, 2012 3:49:53 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 13, 2012 3:50:25 PM PDT
lee says:
I play this game is the dark without difficultly. The sensor combined with game does a good job. As always make sure you calibrated you the kinect. This game require a lot less space. I would say I playing in half the kinect sports space plus it's optimal. Also for us tall people its better to have the kinect on the tv. Cause its obvious long arms more wide the space for optimal game play.
A good spinoff is the correct term. There is still plenty of laughs. As always there is chickens to fling around:D

Note its really is a great game

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2012 3:54:27 PM PDT
lee says:
Yes if you like KINECT games this is jew for the collection. Its good Kinect fable game too. Though it's obvious is not controller base game so there some elements that coudn't be done yet. I hope there is more fable games or another update for kinect.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 14, 2012 2:56:50 PM PDT
C. Hugo says:
You can just try a demo to make sure.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.6 out of 5 stars (127 customer reviews)

$29.99 $7.00