Professional restaurant supplies BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

3.0 out of 5 stars If you loved Bearpaw Kola I-Kola II is Similar but NOT the same!, November 5, 2011
This review is from: BEARPAW Women's Kola II Boot (Apparel)
I dearly love the Bearpaw Kola boots...the look, the feel, the comfort, everything. I have Kola I in three shades if that tells you anything...white, black, and chestnut and am trying to get rust, too. So when I saw the Kola II in Maple I eagerly placed my order.

The look is almost identical to the original Kola but they appear to not be as well made. And while the original Kola required sizing up...I normally wear a 9 and the 10 was great....do NOT size up in the Kola 2. A 9 would have been fine and I swam in the 10. The shearling in both the footbed and the lining is not as plush as in the original Kola. The heel is also constructed differently and is slightly shorter and not as comfortable.

I do HIGHLY recommend the original Kola...if you can find it in your size, and do size up. If you can't and have to have this look it is an OK substitute, but not nearly as nice as the original Kola, in my opinion. That is in both feel and construction quality. Sadly, these are on their way back.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 14, 2014 4:59:01 PM PST
G-ner says:
I bought the Kola BearPaw II in white and they had shoe glue smudged over the white goat fur footing (on the outside of the shoe) at the heel and toe. I am returning.

Posted on Jan 14, 2014 5:00:07 PM PST
G-ner says:

Posted on Jan 31, 2014 2:15:10 PM PST
I disagree with this post. I ordered the Kola ll in Maple, a size 7 which is my normal size. I also measured my foot with a tape measure according to the sizing guide, the 7 should have fit. It did not. I am now in the process of returning the 7 and have already ordered a size 8.

I also love the quality of the Kola ll but am not familiar with the Kola l so cannot compare. As we are in the middle of a Colorado snow storm, I wish I had originally ordered a size larger than my norm.

Posted on Jan 31, 2014 2:15:55 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 31, 2014 2:16:33 PM PST]

Posted on Nov 17, 2015 10:38:32 AM PST
DOLL204 says:
I bought these boots in the Maple color and the color had a green tone to it so I am returning and hoping to get the boot in a more brownish color I know the color can be off but other than that the boot is nice and I had to go one size up because they run small, I also have the kola I and I can't tell the difference in quality so they are both good boots, I wore my kola I in the snow and slush while walking to the football game in the middle of a blizzard and my feet didn't get wet or cold. Love my bear paw boots.

Posted on Dec 19, 2015 12:33:04 PM PST
H. Chevere says:
I agree! Kola 2 doesn't compare to the Kola 1. They ran small for my foot, having less toe room than the originals. The boot as a whole felt different, too. The original beige color that my husband bought me wasn't available so I ordered the Chestnut, which had an ugly greenish tinge that made my stomach ache. I'm so sad about these not being available anymore. I just slipped them on and went about my busy day. So sad...

Posted on Jan 13, 2016 5:32:43 AM PST
jb miller says:
I agree! My first pair were the Kola I, and I loved the way the sole was made. They seemed thicker and more comfortable, the toe was different also, more of a squared shape that gave more wiggle room with a heavy pair of wool socks. Sadly, the Kola I seems to be hard to find. Maybe discontinued in favor of the Kola II, if so I hope they go back to the original.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›