5.0 out of 5 stars !----This is the only review you need to read----!, October 22, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
I bought this game last week because it finally came up for 23 dollars with free two day shipping. I got it 6 days ago, and I can't stop playing it. I didn't think that the expansion packs were going to be so huge and add so much, but I have only been playing the old world blues expansion and it is amazing. I was afraid that it was going to be all glitchy like it was when I first owned new vegas back when it came out... but i've played for over 30 hours and it hasn't frozen up on me once!

WARNING:
Do not buy this game right now if you are:
-In school. You will not be able to stop playing it even though you have 4 exams this week that you haven't studied for.
-Have a job. You will get very sick and call your job coughing and say you can't come in because your radiation level is too high.
-Have a wife. She will start to get irritated when you keep asking her to combine items from the fridge to make something that gives you more HP and less rads.
-Wanting a tan. You will see plenty of sunlight while playing, but it won't be the kind that gives you warmth and a tan. It's more of the kind that makes you feel sick and get a headache because you've been staring at a screen for 6 hours.

Buy this game now if you:
-Love being immersed in a great game and getting XP and upping your stats.
-Love searching every nook and cranny of a room for hidden items.
-Have nothing important that you need to get done in the coming months.

-Have a lot of self control.
-Understand how to turn off the game before the splitting headache and nausea start.
-Do not have any loved ones.
-Don't have any pets or animals to take care of.
-Have a lot of food storage.

Trust me, this game is really good. I don't know how to stop playing it. If you are worried about the low reviews, worry no longer. 30+ hours with absolutely no freezing yet. I don't feel like it will change as I keep playing but if it does i'll let you all know.

UPDATE!! OCTOBER 27th

Well i'm back to give everyone out there an update. Ive played at least 30 more hours or so. It's been working out great and not really interfering with my life like I thought it would. I was worried about my exams because this past week I had 4 mid terms, but fallout actually helped me! I aced all of my exams but it makes sense to me now because I used the Intense Training perk to raise my intelligence. I thought I was going to get fired from my job but they actually gave me a raise! I did not expect it at all, but once I hit 75 barter skill I was given some unique dialogue with my boss and he gave me the raise i've been waiting for. Also, my wife isn't getting angry at me anymore, she dissapeared... Im positive that she's a permanent companion so she's probably just waiting outside the door of my house, ill check later. So basically the game is still running fine, and I actually found a few new locations that I didn't even think were in the ultimate edition. I walked away from my PS3 and discovered a house, I might explore outside but when I aproached the back door of my house it warned me that I should be at least level 30 before exiting... better wait a little bit. I really like the book chute in the Big MT expansion, it takes old books and converts them to blank books so you can make some skill books... it's slightly bugged though because it doesn't accept books from the house map that I just discovered. I try to put them through the ps3 and the tv, neither work. Im sure there will be a patch for this soon. Anyway, I can't write much more because my science skill is only 50 and I don't want to get locked out of this terminal. That's what you get when you focus everything in lockpicking! Oh well, ill be back after I get some rest... both my legs are crippled and my head would be too if I didn't have my brain taken out in Big MT.

November update:

Well everyone, all I can say is stay away from the strip. I went there and killed that guy who shot me in the head, but it took forever to walk around the casino because I was moving at like 1 frame per second. I got out of there and headed for the hills and all was good after that. I went into the divide and finished that expansion pack with no problems. Left there and went over to the Zion canyon expansion, finished that with no problems. So basically all the expansions are working great. Put all those together and you have yourself an excellent game.

[Add comment]