Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

2,749 of 2,805 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Just didn't work correctly, October 10, 2011
This review is from: EatSmart Precision GetFit Digital Body Fat Scale w/ 400 lb. Capacity & Auto Recognition Technology (Health and Beauty)
Looked like a nice product, but the weight was so inconsistent that I had to return it. I tried it on several hard surfaces, and I tried it for several days, getting off, and immediately getting back on resulted in weights that varied by up to 12 pounds. I tried to be very careful about placing my feet in the same positions, and not moving while I was on the scale, but the results were so inaccurate that they were useless.

EDIT:
I'm leaving my original review so that this update can be put in context.

Within half an hour of this review being posted, I received an email from the VP of the EatSmart company. He apologized, said that it must be defective, and offered to replace it. I received the replacement a few days ago, and it is definitely performing much better. Its weight measurements are right in line with other reliable devices, and all measurements are consistent.

I'll give the product itself five stars because it now appears to do what it says it does with good accuracy, and if I could, I would give another five stars for the customer service. It is nice to know that there are still companies who take their products, and their reputation, so seriously.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 10 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 24 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 29, 2012 12:15:20 PM PDT
You probably should have contacted their customer service to start with instead of assuming the product was terrible right out of the gate. Anything electronic has the ability to fail or not work right out of the box. At least they took care of you speedily. That is good to know from a customer POV in buying this scale or not. Thanks for the updated review.

Posted on Apr 18, 2012 11:19:16 AM PDT
K. Connors says:
I value customer service just as high as the product itsself, given your review nad update, I have purchased this scale.. thanks for the info.

Posted on Sep 17, 2012 1:13:17 PM PDT
Kroanos says:
Wow, if EatSmart is so dedicated to customer satisfaction that they monitor comments on Amazon then I will definitely support them by purchasing their products.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2012 7:18:24 PM PDT
IamTheD says:
You've made the greatest point in your response. My thoughts exactly.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2012 7:58:28 AM PST
Carol says:
Me Too! Kudos to the company VP I will order one today!

Posted on Feb 21, 2013 8:22:39 AM PST
Carole Lewis says:
I am scheduled for vertical sleeve surgery in a few days and was looking for an accurate scale that does it all. Very important post surgery. Your review sealed my decision. Thank You for posting an update on your con and giving a great review. So good to know that the company stands behind it's product.

Posted on Apr 1, 2013 3:32:35 PM PDT
Good to know customer service is so excellent, i feel easier having just purchased one. Thanks!

Posted on May 3, 2013 7:56:07 PM PDT
BUYER BEWARE.

The Eatsmart shareholders have focused their energy on defending themselves and building their own reputation on Amazon.

Personally, I think that is disingenuous and a bit creepy.

These scales are not consistent, they rely on several variables which are not easily duplicated. Do not be fooled by coerced reviews.

Ask yourself: "why are there so many long winded reviews?... and so many vague 5-star reviews?"

Because the Eatsmart owners seek out the personal cell phone numbers of their customers and continually call them until they post positive reviews!!!

Post a 1-star review and see for yourself.

Posted on Jun 21, 2013 10:31:21 AM PDT
Wow, I read a really negative review and decided not to purchase, even though the company responded and wanted to work with the customer. But after reading this one, I've decided to order. It sounds like the customer service is top notch, and that is extremely important to me.

I did buy a totally different scale several years back and had similar results, with weight fluctuations +/- 20 lbs. moments in between. I had purchased that scale for over $70, thinking that the price alone would guarantee reliability. I didn't bother to contact customer service, figuring I'd been scammed and wouldn't get anywhere, but hearing that it just might have been a defective scale makes me feel pretty foolish.

Posted on Nov 9, 2013 6:31:41 AM PST
After reading your edit I am purchasing this product. Service is as important to me as quality and it sounds like you got both eventually.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›