3.0 out of 5 stars Snug fit for DMC-ZS7, June 26, 2010
This review is from: Case Logic TBC-302 Ultra Compact Camera Case with Storage (Black) (Camera)
I read this was a good case to get for the Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 so I ordered one at the same time I ordered my camera.

I got them on the same day and was happy.

I like the case, it is padded and has a little pocket in the front, but I was hoping the pocket was a little bigger. You can't really fit anything in there.. maybe a SD card, but it can't have to bulky a case and there is no way a battery will fit in there.

As for the camera, I liked it at first, it has a snug fit and seemed perfect, but then I realized how unperfect it was. I put the wrist band on it and all the sudden it was way to hard to close, I was afraid I'd scratch it trying to get it zipped. I found a way around this by turning the camera backwards facing away from the pocket.

Another thing I noticed and I HATED was when it was turned the right way with the wrist band on (not sure about without it.. only noticed after I put it on) is that the fit was TO tight that sometimes when zipping it up the zipper hits the on off switch and tries to turn it on.. which isn't good cuz the lense has no where to go! Again, turning it backwards seems to help with this, but I still have to be real careful when putting it up to avoid hitting it...

I like the snug fit but at the same time I wish it was a little bit bigger, I'm afraid if I am in to big of a hurry I might accidently hit the camera with the zipper or something.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 21, 2010 11:59:09 AM PDT
J. StJohn says:
Thanks! fits perfectly snug. will make sure i try to put it in facing away from the pocket to make sure i dont scratch it or turn it on.

Posted on Aug 10, 2010 5:35:15 PM PDT
I just ordered the Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 as well and saw your review referencing this case logic bag. When I visited the Case Logic website, you have an electronic bag finder in which you enter the make and model of the electronic device you seek to protect and they tell you which of their bags fit your device. For this camera, recommend the medium sized TBC-303 as the proper fit for this camera.

They gave several other bag options as well, but not the small 302. I am curious if you had considered the 303 and then decided on the 302 after comparisions. Now that you have had the bag for a bit, do you still think it works well for this camera?

Thanks

Posted on Sep 1, 2010 6:32:57 AM PDT
Billy M. says:
This case holds my ZS7, a spare sd card in its' case and a spare Pansonic battery in its' holder - it's a very snug fit but it works great for me with the camera lens facing back (toward the belt loop) and the camera strap comes right out at the end of the case zipper.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2010 5:51:33 PM PST
Sorry it took so long for me to reply, but to answer your question, now that I have had it for awhile I don't regret buying it, but I have had to make some adjustments.

I now turn my camera either upside down in the case and zip carefully or town it with the nob facing the beginning of the zipper so I don't accidently turn it on.

I bought the camera mainly for concerts so sometimes it's a hassle, if I'm in a pit and trying to quickly put it back in it's case to protect it... but on the other hand a bigger case might turn out to be even worse if it's getting jarred around.

I did consider the 303 and decided on this for that reason that it would be a snug fit, unfortunally I didn't realize it would be that snug.

I don't plan on buying another anytime soon, it works if I'm careful.. but if I had to do it all over again, I would look at my options more carefully.

Hope that helped.

Posted on Mar 23, 2011 12:43:51 PM PDT
Eric Raymond says:
I couldn't even get this camera to fit in this case. I'm returning it! Not worth the struggle if it takes that long/that much effort to try and store it.

Posted on Jul 8, 2011 9:32:24 AM PDT
Keri Ellis says:
I just purchased this case with my camera as well, but I didn't read your review before purchasing it. I figured I would wait till it gets here and see how I like it.

My opinion: It is a snug fit, but it works. As long as you push the camera all the way in the case, it closes nicely. I prefer to keep the wrist strap on the outside of the case, that way I can carry the whole thing around my wrist. Also, I can fit two extra batteries and an extra SD card in the little pocket with the camera in the case no problem. It seems fine at home, but I'll have to test the functionality of it in a few weeks when I go to a concert.

Posted on Jul 20, 2011 1:52:17 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 20, 2011 1:53:49 PM PDT
G. Giftos says:
Based on this review, I cancelled my order for this case and told my wife to take the camera to Walmart (a local Case Logic dealer) and get the 303. She went there, hated the 303 and found this one. She tried it and it fit well. Not too snug and no chance of turning the camera on when you zip the case closed. I think it's the perfectly sized case for the DMC-ZS7.

Posted on Sep 2, 2011 10:44:17 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 6, 2011 1:33:53 AM PDT
Ferris says:
I have the same equipments!
After trying so many cases I decided to stick with the Case Logic TBC-312, it fits perfectly.

Posted on Oct 26, 2011 8:24:41 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 26, 2011 8:26:49 AM PDT
Jim M. says:
I did the same, I ordered the case with the camera. Overall, I've very satisfied with the case, but I agree with Joshua, you have to be careful about how you insert the camera in the case. Inserting it the wrong way and you can definitely turn the camera on while pulling the zipper closed. Fortunately, each time I've heard the little tone when the on/off switch cycles to on. I don't have the problem anymore as I'm now very careful about the orientation of the camera when I enclose it into the case. I like the size very much. Proper orientation of the camera into the case is my responsibility. Case Logic TBC-302 Ultra Compact Camera Case with Storage (Black)
Jim M.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2011 6:43:56 PM PDT
Yes, I am used to the case by now and I love the snug fit. I fixed the problem with turning the camera on by turning the camera around so the dial goes in first and isn't close to the dial. I love the extra pouch where I keep extra batteries and a memory card.

All in all, in the end, once I got used to putting the camera in carefully, I love this case and would recommend it.. just give it awhile to get used to putting it in, I did accidently turn it on multiple times in the beginning, but it's been months since I had that happen and I use it weekly if not daily.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›