1.0 out of 5 stars COUNTERFEIT? DURACELL BATTERIES!, May 14, 2013
This review is from: Duracell Coppertop Duralock AAA Batteries 34 Count (Health and Beauty)
This is very frustrating. I received this package of batteries today. They were not packaged anything like the photos shown. I've added photos for you to see how they arrived. Then I read some of the complaints here. Then I spent a couple of hours looking for information online about fake DURACELL batteries. Turns out there are quite a few fakes out there. I compared the battery to another AAA battery I had that came from an authentic DURACELL package purchased a local store. The differences I noticed on the batteries from this package are: 1 - there is a line printed on the side that reads : ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT ACCESSORY. 2 - Other than the word DURACELL, al the type is in a different size. 3 - there is a date printed around the top (copper top + area) that reads: 2012/09 (see photo). 4 - the word DURACELL only appears on one side on the battery whereas the word is printed on both sides on the one I purchased locally. Also, on the Duracell website they say that they only sell their batteries to authorized resellers and only in Duracell packaging. I am definitely retuning these to Amazon. It's too bad we have to watch out for this type of thing. Hope this account and the photos help.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 17, 2013 2:20:25 PM PDT
Totally agree... I received a non standard package for Duracell (clear plastic box with no labels) and I started to doubt that these were genuine parts... I installed one battery and it died on me after a couple of weeks... now I am convinced that I received fakes.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2013 8:01:09 PM PDT
Duracell makes batteries in bulk packages in different factories.
The batteries do not always look the same.
Just because the batteries look different or the packages look different it doesn't mean that they aren't real.

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 8:02:03 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 16, 2013 8:02:30 PM PDT]

Posted on Nov 8, 2013 4:45:44 AM PST
Jonathan says:
Shopping at Amazon is being ruined by their lack of quality control (not to mention the out-of-control fake-review industry that operates here).

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2013 8:49:24 AM PST
Amy caldwell says:
So how do I tell real from fake?

Posted on Nov 24, 2013 6:22:24 AM PST
jim says:
I notice your photo has been removed as has mine, and they no longer are permitting customer pictures. What's up with that? It took my time to take, prepare and upload my picture, then they delete it and won't let me repost it -- not satisfactory.

Posted on Jan 12, 2014 8:32:53 AM PST
Susie says:
Amazon kicks off any sellers that sell counterfeit products and goes after them, according to their policy. Hope you got this resolved through them. You can google the amazon anti-couterfeiting policy--they definitely want you to report it and, of course, return fake products.

Posted on Mar 13, 2014 11:16:22 PM PDT
I also purchased Duracells that came in Bulk. I had to throw a bunce of them out because they were not "good" according to my battery meter. I am consicering purchasing the in a sealed blister pack !

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 7:54:11 AM PDT
John B says:
What does your review have to do with the product themselves? Shouldnt you be directing this to Amazon? People look for reviews about the product itself i.e. how it functions, how you like it, how is the quality.

Posted on Sep 7, 2014 8:42:34 AM PDT
S. Pert says:
Every Duracell AA battery listing that I found on Amazon has many comments that make me extremely wary of buying Duracell batteries through Amazon. Very helpful that these warnings are available,because they have convinced me to avoid buying batteries thru Amazon. So many posts saying they they received plastic bag wrapped batteries of questionable source, etc. Sorry Amazon, you need better quality control over what is sold on your site. I will stick to buying battles locally.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.5 out of 5 stars (669 customer reviews)

$27.50 $17.99