5.0 out of 5 stars Simply amazing, December 12, 2010
This review is from: HP LaserJet Pro CP1525nw Color Printer (CE875A) (Office Product)
I'm an IT consultant with 23 years of experience, 6 years on the Mac and Microsoft and Apple certified. My ~10 year old Epson inkjet finally had enough so I went to hp.com to find a highly rated color laser. Wasn't even looking for ePrint, though I knew it was recently released and would be great for the future and my iOS devices.

After coming across this new model, I was pleasantly surprised at the price of $239 ($60/20% off list). Online reviews were mixed as usual - I paid no attention to the negative reviews, warnings about using it with a Mac or that ePrint doesn't work yet - as they say, "your mileage may vary". Prices at HP, Amazon and retail were all the same so after finding out it was in stock at my local Staples, I went out and got one.

Now I'm a huge fan of HP and recommend their printers to all my clients. This machine again shows me why. Simple setup and installation (used Ethernet), amazing quality AND ePRINT! I've installed the printer on (3) Macs, (2) XP systems and Windows Server. The only glitch was a conflict with an older installation of HP software on my MacBook. Once that was unistalled, this new software installed cleanly. Also, this latest installation interface and routine is vastly superior to previous incarnations of network laserjet install kits.

Now for ePrint - installed the updated firmware and after a couple of days of unsuccessful connections - BOOM! - up and running. Once this is working, it is truly as awesome as it seems. Printed from my iPhone, iPad and email. Just add the email address the printer gets assigned to your address book and print from anywhere. Insanely cool.

This machine gets 5 stars for quality, performance, features and ease-of-use. Well done HP.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 25, 2011 9:45:30 PM PDT
Your comments on this product are so helpful. I originally had a LaserJet 3, the only reason I need to replace it, was because it was dropped during a move. The printer was over $2,000.00 new and worth every penny! It was built like a tank, and yes, it was a bit heavy. It printed beautiful pages, albeit in monochrome. It never needed service for any reason and the cartridge would last for a full box of copy paper. Since my old printer (fifteen years) has to be replaced, I'm going to get this one! Of course, I don't expect it to last for fifteen years but you never know. HP products are just made better than most.

Posted on Dec 8, 2011 6:35:16 PM PST
Disney Teach says:
I wish more IT people wrote reviews on computers and equipment.

Posted on Dec 11, 2011 6:55:16 PM PST
C. Vogel says:
1 year update: This printer is still awesome! Print quality is great and even though others complain about print speed, I find it completely acceptable and have no issue with performance. Over 900 pages printed - 30% of cyan and magenta toner left (expect another 500 pages at least), while black and yellow are both very low but continue to print fine. Machine has been warning "toner low" for months but I just keep printing! Only issue so far has been ePrint (printing via email) - the printer has lost its email address a couple of times. The fix is to disable 'web services' and re-enable. AirPrint (printing from Apple iOS devices) works perfectly. Have purchased a few for clients and still recommend this machine as a "strong buy".

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 13, 2012 9:15:18 AM PST
Dona Munker says:
Very much appreciate the thorough and intelligent rundowns! One question re Mac: Which OS didn't it work with? I have Snow Leopard and I'm not ready to move up to Lion. Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 13, 2012 5:43:33 PM PST
C. Vogel says:
The printer works with Snow Leopard and Lion.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 13, 2012 5:52:44 PM PST
Dona Munker says:
Thanks very much!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.7 out of 5 stars (203 customer reviews)

$292.99