5.0 out of 5 stars GOOD CAMERA !!! 5 STARS ALL THE WAY !!, June 16, 2011
This review is from: GE Power Pro X500-WH 16 MP with 15 x Optical Zoom Digital Camera, White (Electronics)
I got to know about this camera by chance. I have a 7.2 MP Casio camera which is very good but since my cousin would be visiting me I wanted a new, high MP and Zoom camera for summer. I first looked at a Casio Model. It was good but not what I wanted. After checking many cameras Fuji, Nikon, Sony etc...I just lost hope. I saw a 16 MP Canon SLR camera and was amazed that there are 16 MP cameras now. So I typed 16 MP in the Amazon search box just to check out the newer models. And bingo !! This camera showed up first in the search. And when I looked at the price , it almost blew me away. I had never heard of GE making cameras before and was very very hesitant. Then I read the REVIEWS, saw videos on YOUTUBE, sent MESSAGES to the owners of this camera, read scores of other reviews and ALMOST ALL OF THEM GAVE THIS CAMERA 5 STARS. I was pretty impressed and then decided to buy it. And let me tell you it took absolutely STUNNING pictures.

I also showed this camera to one of my friends who knows a lot about cameras and stuff and he was surprised and said that its actually a good camera, and so many features for lesser price. I am still learning how to use it and so far I like it.....Manual settings give you more advanced controls.

1. Took a shot at full 15X zoom, came crystal clear.
2. Image stabilization is good.
3. Lots of scenic modes
4. Very easy and accessible features.

PS: WHITE COLOUR is freakin' awesome on this camera. Go for it. Plenty of look-alike black cameras out there.
TIP: If you want batteries to last longer, then after using the camera just take them out.
Check out the pictures I put on the page. They are awesome !!

Check these reviews on About.com.

[...]

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 9, 2011 2:23:04 PM PST
Eyes Wide says:
I'm convinced! buying it today! Thanks for the review!

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2012 7:33:57 AM PDT
Gud Luck !!

Posted on May 19, 2012 10:06:36 PM PDT
how fast is this camera, does it take time to process between photos? Does it have a setting to take 3-4 shots in a row for sports?

thanks

In reply to an earlier post on May 20, 2012 7:27:57 AM PDT
Pratz says:
Yes, this camera has continuous shot mode. You have to enable it from the MENU first, then for rapid shots just press and hold the click button ........it will take rapid, continuous shots ...

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2012 10:06:53 AM PDT
thanks

Posted on Jul 12, 2012 1:42:39 AM PDT
Rilke says:
How long have you had your camera and how much do you use it? I got mine a month ago and was happy with the stills I took. That is what I brought it for. But today, after using it for less than 25 photos and changing the batteries twice and then finally changing to rechargeable, now my zoom lens is broken. It gets stuck in or out. I'm thinking maybe I just got a lemon, but am also debating whether to switch to another brand.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2012 6:35:44 AM PDT
Pratz says:
Hi Angela, Sorry to hear about that. My camera has been with me for 2 years now and still takes stunning pictures. Did you try contacting their customer care? I am sure they would help you out. And moreover if you got it a month back then you are under the warranty period.
This is their official Facebook page. You can contact them through it too.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2012 11:33:01 AM PDT
Rilke says:
Thank you! I did love the first couple of photos I took. It turns out the problem was me, I think, sort of., ugh! When I put in the new Sanyo Ni-MH batteries, $19.00! that were supposed to be fully charged out of the box, the camera became sluggish. So I was switching batteries in and out. Finally, I checked the Sanyo's and they were not fully charged out of the box. I put them in the charger for several hours until done, put them in the camera and now it seems to work just like it is supposed to. Hooray!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2012 12:13:18 PM PDT
Pratz says:
Yippee !! Thats good news. Best of luck with your photos!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›