5.0 out of 5 stars As advertised, December 13, 2012
This review is from: CLEAR Hub Express GTK-RSU131 4G Modem FOR EXISTING CLEAR CUSTOMERS ONLY (Personal Computers)
The price is double if you buy from the Clear company any other way. It arrived on time. It was easy to set up. I have had it for almost a month and have had no problems with it.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 7, 2013 10:10:31 PM PST
Terric FOONG says:
what do u mean? you can buy this clear hub express modem/router separately from amzn.com and call clear up to set up the wifi/internet acct?

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 6:51:54 PM PST
M. Martin says:
you make it sound like you have to pay extra if you purchase it locally, which is not the case. when you purchase it from a store you pay like 160 and change, which covers the modem price and your frist months bill. as far as purchasing the modem seprately, you'd still have to call customer service in order to activate the modem and they'll charge you. the modem doesnt automatically come with service.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 31, 2013 7:31:34 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 31, 2013 7:59:50 AM PST
U. Smith says:
Forgive me, M. Martin, for not being clear. Pardon the pun. The Clear Hub cost me approximately half of what the company charged me over the phone. They asked $100.00 plus shipping. I did not go to a store to buy the item as I am disabled and cannot get around as much as I would like. Therefore, I cannot comment on what the Hub costs at a store. I already had Clear service when I made this purchase, I just wanted to add wifi so that I could use my new laptop anywhere in my apartment. I was not charged to activate the modem, probably because I already had service. Thank you for your comment. I hope my explanation cleared everything up for you. Again, pardon the pun. :^)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 31, 2013 7:38:49 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 31, 2013 8:01:11 AM PST
U. Smith says:
Allow me to explain, Terric Foong, that the reason that you are reading my review is because I did purchase this modem from Amazon. I did have to have to call to have it activated by the Clear company. The activation did not cost anything because I already had Clear internet service. All I wanted to point out in my review was that it costs less - approximately half as much - to purchase the modem through Amazon than to order it through Clear.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 4:12:59 PM PST
Anonymous says:
Why the hell can't anyone else understand what you clearly said ???
Two people anyway couldn't.
Thanks for pointing out that Amazon is selling it for half what Clear does, I tried hooking up mine but the process was so bearishly intolerable I told Clear to shove their modem up into a part of themselves that isn't normally "clear".

I'm convinced Clear is just clearly greedy, when I finally reached a better level of customer service, their rep apologetically insisted they were required to offer me additional services and for a limited time only even going as far as asking me about my current TV provider.
They want to sell meTV but make it harder than hell to get connected.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›