4.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with this charger, April 3, 2013
This review is from: Pwr+® 6.5 Ft AC Adapter 2.1A Rapid Charger for Use with the New Kindle Fire or Kindle Fire Hd, Hdx Models, Kindle Voyage, Fire Phone Power Supply Cord (Electronics)
I purchased the Pwr+ 2A Rapid Charger AC Adapter for my Kindle Fire because the charger that came with my unit did not appear to be adequately charging. This rapid charger works very well and charges much faster than my previous AC adapter/charger. I am having an issue with the port on the Kindle being somewhat loose lately (original Kindle Fire purchased in December 2011), but this charger works very well in spite of that, though I do have to jiggle the connection to make sure it is in direct contact. I will be looking into the connection port problem which is related only to the device, not the charger. That is the only reason I am only giving 4 stars; otherwise, it would be 5 stars. I highly recommend this product.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 7, 2013 1:57:43 PM PDT
E Pea says:
I have an older Kindle Fire and the same port issue as described here. My first step is to find a charger that works with my Fire - have unsuccessfully tried a handful. So I am encouraged to try this one. TY, Carol Botticelli.

Posted on Oct 30, 2013 12:50:05 AM PDT
Vic Sperry says:
I too have the first-gen fire and couldn't figure out if this device would work with it. "For use with the new kindle fire." Well, mine's certainly not new! So thanks for letting me know it works with the old kindle fire too.

Posted on Feb 10, 2014 10:07:13 AM PST
W. L. Baker says:
I encountered the same port issue and my Kindle Fire would no longer take a charge. Amazon did exchange my Kindle for a new one, though. (And the port issue is a manufacturing defect, in that they didn't solder the port, so over time it moves.) Call Amazon customer service if you're still encountering charging issues. And thanks for the review of this charger... I can't wait to get mine.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2014 6:48:18 AM PST
steve carr says:
I also encountered charging issue with kindle fire . called amazon and they shipped me new one less then 10 mouths same issue all over again with the replacement.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2014 2:13:39 PM PST
Me too. My replacement died on Super Bowl Sunday after 10 months. I just bought a new Kindle Fire HD rather than try another refurb. original Fire. I love my Kindles despite problem, but it better not happen to new HD. Glad to know I'm not alone w this problem. Customer service at Amazon is great, tho, so staying loyal.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›