3.0 out of 5 stars Buy Blessed Sweet Bee Magic instead. Seriously!, August 27, 2011
This review is from: Egyptian Magic All Purpose Skin Cream Facial Treatment, 4 Ounce (Misc.)
So I read all these fabulously impressed reviews about Egyptian magic cream ; which sold me to buy it because the price is a bit intimidating and otherwise I wouldn't have.
So I went to Whole Foods to purchase this product and right next to it I saw "Blessed Sweet Bee Magic" healing cream which had the exact same ingredients list. Hm. So after thinking about it, I went with the bee magic which has a slightly more oily consistency then the egyptian magic. Anyways; later that day my mom picked up the Egyptian magic to try so now we have both the egyptian magic and the bee magic to compare. First let me say Egyptian magic lives up to these reviews. Its amazing. I don't have a negative thing to say about the product other than that it is over-priced and I'm finding it doesn't rub into an oil as fast as everyone seems to be saying..

The bee magic; I use it as an under eye treatment, my eyes are as though I've never seen the sun- that flawless. I'm soooo impressed. I didn't find the Egyptian magic did all that much as an under-eye cream, but I'm sure it did, just not as amazing as the bee magic; which is the cheaper of the two.

Either way; I put the cream all over my body, heels, feet, elbows, hair treatment, eye-lash lengthener, lip balm, skin-tone-evener, anti-frizz serum, tan legs, tips of my hair for split ends. I prefer to use the bee magic to the egyptian cream but I have both right now so I kinda switch em up; with bee magic on my face more. I haven't found either have broken me out and they definitely get rid of scars and all that uneven marky stuff.

IIIII LOVEEE THESE INGREDIENTS.

********* Bee magic is all organic. Egyptian magic is not.
Go with the Bee magic for a better price and a better product.
I am not saying Egyptian magic isn't amazing, because it is!
I'm offering a better alternative though ;)

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 30, 2012 8:24:47 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jan 26, 2014 9:03:46 AM PST
janeinmia says:
I bought the Bee Magic and was quite disappointed. For one thing, it has much less BEESwax in it, which is ironic, given the name. I'm sure it is a nice product, but it just doesn't compare (for my purposes.)

I'm going back to Egyptian Magic even though I find that the price has gone up obscenely!

update:
I just threw away that old jar of Bee Magic because it was rancid, which is a shame, because it was almost full. That was a failed purchase.

Posted on Aug 9, 2012 12:19:02 PM PDT
V. Jeffrey says:
Thanks for the extensive review! I'm interested in the EM but the price is a little out of hand. I may try the alternative you mentioned.

Posted on Mar 29, 2013 10:28:41 AM PDT
Grace G says:
I really regret buying Bee Magic in a cost-saving attempt. I now have 4 oz of Bee Magic that I use mainly on my hands and feet, while using Egyptian Magic on my face. There's a scent to the Bee Magic that I don't like, it doesn't absorb as quickly, and it feels like it's got a slightly grainy texture under the oil when I try to use it on softer skin. So while it's fine and moisturizes well, I don't want it near delicate skin or my nose.

I'll be going back to Egyptian Magic, which doesn't have a scent, absorbs into my skin quickly, and might be more expensive but lasts forever - so in the grand scheme of things $30 for a product I will use for more than a year is fine with me.

Posted on May 14, 2013 9:04:21 AM PDT
I've used and loved Egyptian Magic for years, bought a jar of Bee Magic in November 2012, liked that too, just bought another jar and the smell of rancid olive oil just about knocked me out, going back to Egyptian Magic.

Posted on Aug 12, 2013 6:41:29 AM PDT
JoxBox says:
Pricing has changed it seems: Blessed Sweet Bee Magic is $23 for 4 oz where the Egyptian Magic is $19 for 4 oz.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 31, 2014 1:45:03 PM PST
Where did you get Egyptian Magic for $19 ?

Posted on May 27, 2014 8:34:44 AM PDT