5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, heavy duty and well made, January 31, 2010
This review is from: Cenzo Duffle Vecchio Brown Italian Leather Weekender Travel Bag (Apparel)
I bought this bag for $200 on Amazon after finding the same or nearly identical bag for $300-$350 on other sites. The leather is high quality, beautiful and the bag is well crafted. The brass hardware is heavy duty and the bag is sturdy. What I love about the bag is that my shirts can go in without being overfolded, and they are easy to pack and unpack. Note that the zipper opens from the top in both directions and goes down to the base. A leather patch on both sides prevents it from falling open completely and provides sides for easy packing. This is standard on all expensive Italian luggage of this type, but unusual for a bag that costs less than $300. So this is well worth the $200 current price tag.

The only complaint I have is that the bag was crammed into too small a box for shipping and after I opened it up, it smelled of tanning fluids and glue. But after a few days of airing it out, the bag is fine. Annoying and almost worth knocking a point off, but I didnt because everything else is excellent as noted above.

Note that this bag is bigger than it looks on the page. But it would fit in an overhead compartment on most planes.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 18, 2011 11:57:57 AM PDT
HG Marks says:
So, when you opened it, it smelled like new leather...interesting.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2011 5:11:45 PM PST
Robert says:
No. The inside of the bag is cloth and it smelled like glue and tanning fluids, not like new leather. But as I noted, after airing it out, it was fine. I have used the bag now for 9 months now, and I still love it. I recommend it.

Posted on Nov 18, 2011 9:32:33 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 18, 2011 9:44:48 AM PST
Floto says:
Robert - thanks for the review and for not knocking a star off for the tanning / gluish smell! The Cenzo Duffle does not sit on the shelf in our warehouse for very long and many times is backordered -- when they are fresh off the production line and then end up on your doorstep 20-30 days later they will have a new tanning smell. Also - each Cenzo Duffle is wrapped in protective plastic for the journey from Italy and this is the first chance it has to breathe. I have spoken with many customers about the new smell - some like it so much they want to stick there heads in the bag or use it as a car freshener - others don't like it - the good / bad news depending on your preference is that it fades after a couple of days. Most of what you are smelling is the final European clear coat finish that helps protect the leather from stains and water and gives it the polished finish that everyone loves. Thanks again and please let us know if you need anything down the road. Matt.

Posted on Jun 15, 2013 11:24:37 AM PDT
Its true leather? like cow leather ? or just PU or something like that? I'm looking for something durable. thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2013 7:18:12 AM PDT
Floto says:
Hi - it's Italian Calfskin Leather

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2013 7:55:02 AM PST
I Live in Chicago and make frequent trips through the Midwest, Missouri, Michigan, Wisconsin, Indiana and for the last year this bag has been the first thing I grab. This puppy holds everything I need for a weekend and compliments my personal style, it looks great in the car and even better thrown over my shoulder and withstands me throwing it around with no signs of damage.
People complain pettily about the smell but its tanning oil and dissapates quickly (new cars have a odor too) the smell makes me believe my bag is new and not something that has been sitting in a warehouse drying out for years. I've only bought a few duffle bags and this is the first for luggage but I truly believe that you get this or you get less.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 14, 2015 6:38:02 AM PST
W. Bon Jr. says:
How does the Cenzo branded product differ from the similar Floto duffle?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›