1.0 out of 5 stars RIPOFF, April 15, 2011
This review is from: ToeSox Full Toe with Grip Yoga/Pilates Toe Socks (Apparel)
I have a few pairs of toe socks (not sure if any are from this company) and I love them.
The Injinji yoga socks are especially outstanding. Amazon was out of those, in the color and size I wanted.

So I ordered another pair from ToeSox, and when they came, they don''t fit. I followed the manufacturer's recommendations and ordered a large (I wear a 10.5 shoe), but they're just very difficult to get on (and I'm used to putting toe socks on), and once on, they're really too small and just don't feel right. I have pretty normal feet, but these socks are apparently not designed for the human foot.

Well, OK, no biggy. They don't fit; I decided to return them. That's a lot of hassle, they don't cost all that much, so if I'm going to return them they definitely must not fit. So I look on the instructions and the first thing it says is, DON'T OPEN THEM! I've never heard this before in my life. I ordered them online; I didn't have a chance to try them on in the store. I order stuff online all the time, usually never return it, but occasionally I have to, and I've never heard this, that I can't return it if I've opened it! That's kind of like saying we don't allow any returns; anyone would open it!
How would I know that they don't fit if I didn't open them??

So I call, and ask about it, and what I found out is that first of all, I'm wrong, the manufacturer's recommendations are always right, everybody else loves them, I must be crazy. And secondly, they WILL take them back, but there's a 35% restocking fee! Plus the shipping!..
So I don't know; they only cost $15, it's not a big deal, it may not be worth the trouble to return them, but
for me, they're crappy, badly designed socks that don't fit right and really aren't the size they were supposed to be; it's an unsatisfactory product, if not quite defective, and they won't take them back (well, OK, they take them back, but they rip you off for one third of the price).
The 35% restocking fee has to represent more than their profit, so what they're doing is keeping their profit, and I don't get to use the product.
They'd rather keep their profit on this one pair of socks than keep a customer.

I'll never buy anything from these people again, and I recommend you don't either.
I personally couldn't rate these socks very highly, but they might fit someone else, you might like them okay; if they'd taken them back with a full refund, I wouldn't have bothered reviewing them. The one-star rating is for the predatory "return policy".

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 18, 2012 4:45:17 AM PDT
Annie says:
well you made my decision. I wont be trying them! I agree...because of YOUR pair of socks they also lost "me"

Thanks

Posted on Jan 19, 2013 2:24:18 AM PST
Adi says:
i hate companies that do not have a free-of-hassle return policy. i will not buy from this one for sure...thanks for your review.

Posted on Feb 26, 2013 7:46:47 AM PST
wasistlos says:
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with this company. Having experienced similar return policies, without having the ability to discern them, I too, will not be a patron of this company.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 26, 2013 1:08:02 PM PST
Jerry Larson says:
Glad to have been of service. I still recommend the Injinji socks.
btw I have a couple pair of those "Five Finger" shoes now, and I like those as well.
Of course you need 5-toed socks with those too, either that or go foot commando.

Posted on Sep 14, 2013 2:37:41 PM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2013 5:35:25 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 14, 2013 6:00:43 PM PDT
Jerry Larson says:
I don't find your comments helpful. Currently 39 out of 46 voters found the review helpful; that's around my average, which is close to 80%, and I'm fine with that. Can't please everyone.

I actually don't recognize my review in your comments. I guess you're trying to be helpful, but I think you're way off base. Even if you have a point, which I really don't think you do, you could be more diplomatic. You start with an attack and precede to a lecture, so I'm being lectured by somebody I never heard of, about a review that's over two years old, and look, it was important enough for me to review it in the first place, and then important enough for people to read it and vote on it, but still, it's about a pair of socks. So you're giving a total stranger a rude and condescending lecture about a relatively trivial matter.

Are you going through the whole Amazon trying to teach everyone your theories on reviews? Better you should promote a workshop and charge for it.

I was abundantly clear about the predatory return policies of this seller, and my recommendation not to buy from them.
I wasn't impressed with the socks either, and I said so, but that wasn't my main reason for reviewing. "Predatory". "Not designed for the human foot". This by you is wishy-washy?

Anyway, if you don't like my review, so be it.

I occasionally get feedback that's far nastier and more illogical than yours, and that's just something I have to put up with.
Since you were reasonably polite, I did take the trouble to reply, but I won't be engaging in a long back-and-forth on it.

That is all I have to say.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.2 out of 5 stars (303 customer reviews)

$15.00 $8.00 - $30.60
Add to wishlist
Reviewer

Jerry Larson
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Location: Los Angeles, CA United States