5.0 out of 5 stars The flavours are not lies!, December 11, 2011
This review is from: Jelly Belly 1.2 Oz Harry Potter Bertie Botts (Misc.)
These beans are a wonderful thing. The good flavors, you can eat, and they are totally fantastic. The terrible flavors, you can belittle the manhood of your friends with. The in-between flavors? Like grass? They're largely there to confuse you, and do so wonderfully.

To sum up my experience with them, an anecdote:

Driving along one summer, eating said beans, my two friends convince me to eat the Booger flavoured one. "Okay," I begin "but only if you get a good flavored one ready to get the taste out of my mouth."

My first friend passes me the booger-bean, and gets a grape-bean ready on deck. The booger bean was mostly flavourless... until the saliva hit my tongue! Retching, I spat out the window, and demanded the grape bean. Blargh! The dark colour tricked them! It was dirt! Spitting again, I demanded another bean. They produced another dark coloured one, this one seeming noticeably more purple in the light. Noooo! It was more dirt!

Pulling over, and spitting out the bean, they presented me with a white one. "Alright," they said "This can only be popcorn, or marshmallow."

Seeing no bad option, I took the bean and chewed it gratefully. Then I vomited in my mouth.

It was neither popcorn, nor marshmallow. It was rotten egg!

Suffice to say, that these are not the kind of jelly bean you buy, thinking that every one of them will be wonderful. The rotten egg, dirt, soap, and vomit beans all taste exactly what they are supposed to. And that is what makes them a fantastic product.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 10, 2013 2:17:30 PM PDT
Oh my goodness, you had me rolling with laughter in your review. :D I gotta try these!!! :D

Posted on Apr 27, 2013 5:54:11 PM PDT
Jan Stevens says:
OH MY... you had my 8 year old daughter and I totally lose it, laughing hysterically! This has got to be the best amazon comment EVER! You have convinced us to purchase this product...we're still wiping away tears!

Posted on Jul 27, 2013 11:12:51 AM PDT
I think I would trade my friends on ones that could read or is not color blind. Nice story.

Posted on Jun 10, 2014 3:12:47 AM PDT
A friend of mine got a few boxes of these in a care package the other day. Yesterday, we all decided to grab a handful each and try them.

Oh. Dear. Jesus.

The vomit ones nearly had us doing exactly that. Oh, they were absolutely horrible! We pulled at the vomit ones into a pile to give to our NCO. Never had we all dived for something to wash our mouths out faster (it was a jug of mouthwash).

All I can say is this: all the flavors taste like the box says they do.

I feel sorry for the poor saps that have to test these to make sure they're alright to send out.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.3 out of 5 stars (443 customer reviews)

$4.10