1.0 out of 5 stars How is the an ultimate edition if NO EXTENDED version?!?, September 7, 2010
This review is from: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Three-Disc Ultimate Edition) [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Like many of you who purchased the first two ultimate editions at a pretty penny, i was expecting extended editions of movies 3 and 4. What a disappointment! Were the big wigs at WB thinking that their fans would triple dip editions when they bring out all films in one super ultimate collection? I already owned all of the HP on Blu, but sold them when i started buying the Ultimate editions. I will NOT be purchasing 3 and 4. Very poor on WB's part to say its ultimate, and include 8 hours of bonus materials, but not the few extra scenes that regularly show on TV. Very poor indeed.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 19, 2010 8:57:58 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 11, 2010 6:34:20 PM PST
L.Marie says:
My sentiments exactly, I thought the purpose of the Ultimate edition
was to have a extended movie , but I cannot deny liking the movie
I buy the basic Hp movie and I will wait and see...before I even buy
a box set...maybe they realized they could squeeze more money
out of the fans by not extending the remaining ones ...
When the 2 deathly hallows are released on Dvd, then
there will problably be more editions...hmm special edition, blu ray,
ultimate blu ray...Gold edition,premier edition, silver anniversary editions..... can anyone think of more? Lets have suggestions....
I remember in 2009 an enticement to buy the ultimates1-5 was
and extended movie on the flip side of the theatrical version.
It isn't a dealbreaker tho for some fans, I just didn't like the
way WB casually didn't extend the rest..hoping we wouldn't notice.

EDITED 10/28/2010 I GET IT NOW..THE SORCERERS STONE HAS
A NEW EXTENDED MOVIE DVD EDITION OUT NOW & so does the
chamber of secrets...$59.95 one disc...

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2010 1:55:58 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 19, 2010 1:57:19 PM PDT
JOLUBOGA says:
You're forgetting the PLATINUM COLLECTOR'S 10th Anniversary UNRATED EDITION of each film =)

Posted on Oct 21, 2010 8:49:56 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 21, 2010 8:50:47 AM PDT
TXGemini says:
I completely agree! I was EXTREMELY dissapointed. I feel I have to buy the rest now, but purposly waited to buy any harry potter DVD/Bluray until these started coming out, and thats several years of waiting, by passing all cool boxsets. So I am quite upset with the decision to leave out the best part in my opinion.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2010 6:09:15 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 24, 2010 6:17:14 PM PDT
L.Marie says:
joluboga,

Good One!!! (:) They will think of more I am sure!!!
The Hbp has a deatheater edition...

Posted on Nov 9, 2010 8:03:22 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2010 8:04:16 AM PST
HP3 needs a extended cut. I found it the most disappointing film in the series. Looks great but the cuts and edits in it stand out and I don't mean things done in the script before shooting. Whether it's 30 minutes or whatever this movie needs to be extended. The most obvious being that in the movie the identities of the map makers etc are never revealed!

HP4 maybe not so much because for obvious reasons due to the length of the book lots of material was condensed upon shooting. The movies past 3 are in a no win situation as each could be 2 movies as the last book is. I don't know how it's going to work as so much that is in 7 is set up from material in the books not covered in the movies.

Posted on Nov 12, 2010 8:30:50 AM PST
Snape42 says:
Is WB planning to release extended cuts of these movies? I was so excited when i saw that these were coming out. I am so thankful that I didn't buy them the day of their release.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2010 10:19:22 AM PST
The directors were given the opportunity to make extended cuts; they felt that these were finished as-is, so there's no reason to have it. You have the deleted scenes on the discs, so I don't really see what the big deal is.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2010 1:28:45 PM PST
T. Collier says:
I second what Julius said. It was the two directors' decision not to allow for the extended versions of the film to be on the Ultimate Editions. It's not WB's fault. Here is to extended versions being on movies 5-8.

Posted on Jan 5, 2011 6:13:09 PM PST
Eric Cole says:
I agree with the two above me. It is not WB's fault that there is no extended cuts on these films. Besides, you have the deleted scenes of each film on the disc. Does everyone think there is even more that they filmed besides these deleted scenes? I really don't think so. You get these ultimate editions for the documentary anyways. At least, that is what I am getting them for.

Posted on May 31, 2012 9:00:06 PM PDT
Hazel says:
WB had nothing to do with the Extended version not being in it. The director refused to invlude the extended version. only Chris Columbus (1 & 2) agreed to the extended cuts being included.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.1 out of 5 stars (1,577 customer reviews)

Used & New from: $69.97